BoatBanter.com

-   -   I/O Starter removal (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/70137-i-o-starter-removal.html)

Ron May 29th 06 06:27 PM

I/O Starter removal

I've got a glastron boat with a penta 4.3L engine in it that I have
determined the starter is bad in it and want to replace it. However, on
first inspection, it appears one of the two bolts holding it on isn't
easily accessable. Is it possible to get the starter off without
removing the engine from the boat? Its a 2004 18', forget the model.

Thanks for the input.

Ron

Calif Bill May 29th 06 07:20 PM

I/O Starter removal

"Ron" wrote in message
t...
I've got a glastron boat with a penta 4.3L engine in it that I have
determined the starter is bad in it and want to replace it. However, on
first inspection, it appears one of the two bolts holding it on isn't
easily accessable. Is it possible to get the starter off without
removing the engine from the boat? Its a 2004 18', forget the model.

Thanks for the input.

Ron

If like the 4.2L in a truck, you can use a longer socket extension with a
flex coupling.

Ron June 1st 06 11:51 PM

I/O Starter removal

In article et,
says...

"Ron" wrote in message
t...
I've got a glastron boat with a penta 4.3L engine in it that I have
determined the starter is bad in it and want to replace it. However, on
first inspection, it appears one of the two bolts holding it on isn't
easily accessable. Is it possible to get the starter off without
removing the engine from the boat? Its a 2004 18', forget the model.

Thanks for the input.

Ron

If like the 4.2L in a truck, you can use a longer socket extension with a
flex coupling.

Amazing what the manual will do for you...apparently I need pictures,
and will leave it at that...

Wayne.B June 2nd 06 01:54 AM

I/O Starter removal

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:51:07 -0600, Ron wrote:

Amazing what the manual will do for you...apparently I need pictures,
and will leave it at that...

If it's like my 5.7 you will also need a left handed midget with long
arms.