basskisser

Default One for the not so swift among us-

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

In article qDvdg.8579$Ar6.6872@trnddc02, says...
http://www.glennbeck.com/2006news/ne...olingworld.pdf

Yes, and scientific know-how and technology has been drifting backwards
since 1975, right?

Wrong.

But you go ahead and believe what you want. Those of us with a better
sense of responsibility towards those who will come after us will do
what we can to make sure they remain safe.

You sit on your ass and contemplate your navel if that suits you.

Were you aware that Mars' temperature is also rising? Explain this.

Moot point, but since you bring up the issue, there are more than one
factor making up global or planetary warming. The thing is, take a look
at the trend, ie: how much warming over a given period, and you'll find
that it isn't linear. The earth's temperature is rising not only
because of natural causes, but man made.

basskisser

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Wait, wait, don't tell us...you're the spawn of Fritz and Robbins,
right, Jenson?

I thought that was Jackoffs claim to fame!

That made me feel like puking.

jps

In article ,
says...
Well, I'm not sure but I am pretty sure that's not my most pressing
planetary concern since I don't live there.

You live in the same solar system, with the same primary source of heat,
and that source of heat has been more active in the past several years.
The relationships seem obvious.

Read Gene Kearns response as it is a so much better formed thought than
anything you've posited.

Your case is based on what's happening on Mars. Your case should be
based on what's happening on earth.

Forest - Trees. Let me know if you need an explanation.

You may want to consult your Martian planet-mates on the Mars
situation.

Ah, idiot-speak for "I know I'm wrong but I won't admit it."

What didn't I admit?

While Mars' situation may have some indication of overarching
circumstances, one need only pay attention to the scientific evidence
being gathered here on earth to understand our need to pay attention.

You, in your willfully ignorant rant, would sacrifice all the evidence
we've gathered here on earth on the basis that Mars is also warming...

Is the entire planetary system warming? Is earth warming faster or
slower that the consensus of the entire system? Is it reasonable to use
Mars alone as a mirror to our own situation?

Do you think that because Mars is warming that we should stuff our heads
up our assess while muttering "oh well, it's the sun's fault"?

That would be idiot-speak and it's a hell of lot closer to your argument
than mine.

jps
basskisser

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

In article qDvdg.8579$Ar6.6872@trnddc02, says...
http://www.glennbeck.com/2006news/ne...olingworld.pdf

Yes, and scientific know-how and technology has been drifting
backwards since 1975, right?

Wrong.

But you go ahead and believe what you want. Those of us with a
better sense of responsibility towards those who will come after us
will do what we can to make sure they remain safe.

You sit on your ass and contemplate your navel if that suits you.

Were you aware that Mars' temperature is also rising? Explain this.

Moot point

Not at all. Mars and our planet share a primary source of heat, a source
that has been more active over the past few years.

, but since you bring up the issue, there are more than one
factor making up global or planetary warming.

Yet you'd ignore the primary one? Look at what a miniscule difference in
distance from the sun does to weather in say, Toronto and Miami.

The thing is, take a look
at the trend, ie: how much warming over a given period, and you'll find
that it isn't linear. The earth's temperature is rising not only
because of natural causes, but man made.

No measurable data support your claim.

really?
http://www.environ.com/Globalwarming...rmingozone.htm
You see, there is measurable data. We know for a fact that the ozone is
being depleted an ever greater rate. We also know that global warming
does in fact parallel that depletion. There are even graphs showing the
rise in cataracts among elderly that coincide with ozone depletion
graphs because ozone depletion allows harmful UV-B rays into the
atmosphere.
http://www.fpif.org/briefs/vol5/v5n08ozone_body.html
http://www.nearctica.com/geology/global/ozone.htm
http://www.afeas.org/glossary.html
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/ozoneDepletion.html
http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/gsfc/earth/atmos/ozone.htm
Now, remember, I never said that human activity is wholly responsible
for global warming.

Hmm, so you're claiming that global warming trends on Mars and Earth
are parallel?

Jack Goff

On 26 May 2006 10:47:52 -0700, "basskisser"
wrote:

Now, remember, I never said that human activity is wholly responsible
for global warming.

That the earth is currently experiencing a small upswing in temps is
pretty much an undeniable fact.

What bothers me abouty this whole thing is that we have "experts"
trying to tell us what it's going to be like in the year 2100. Hell,
the weatherman can't tell us what the weather will be like 5 days from
now with any kind of decent accuracy! Weather is simple compared to
*climate*, and we're supposed to put faith in these predictions?

Jack

JohnH

On Fri, 26 May 2006 13:33:05 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"SamJenson" wrote in message

"jps" wrote in message
In article qDvdg.8579$Ar6.6872@trnddc02, says...
http://www.glennbeck.com/2006news/ne...olingworld.pdf

Yes, and scientific know-how and technology has been drifting backwards
since 1975, right?

Wrong.

But you go ahead and believe what you want. Those of us with a better
sense of responsibility towards those who will come after us will do
what we can to make sure they remain safe.

You sit on your ass and contemplate your navel if that suits you.

jps

You're a ****ing idiot with a prediction rate as low as you're iq.

"you're iq" ???

LOL!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Fri, 26 May 2006 16:33:34 GMT, Sean Corbett
wrote:

You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

I'm sure you meant to say, "Look at what a difference in weather in say
Toronto and Miami is caused by the tilt of the earth's axis."
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Black Dog

wrote:

Now, remember, I never said that human activity is wholly responsible
for global warming.

That the earth is currently experiencing a small upswing in temps is
pretty much an undeniable fact.

What bothers me abouty this whole thing is that we have "experts"
trying to tell us what it's going to be like in the year 2100. Hell,
the weatherman can't tell us what the weather will be like 5 days from
now with any kind of decent accuracy! Weather is simple compared to
*climate*, and we're supposed to put faith in these predictions?

Jack

It bothers me that people who are refered to as "scientists" (I don't
know if they call themselves that) treat the results of modelling
experiments like they were real data.

I bothers me that people with political agendas can ignore the simple
fact that the sun is responsible for pretty much all of climate
everywhere in the solar system (there are ecosystems in deep sea vents
that do not rely on the sun but they don't really have anything you
would call climate). So an overactive sun at a time when you'd expect
sunspots to at a minimum might be interesting to look at - but anyone
who tries is mocked and accused of being in bed with Exxon or Mobile.

It bothers me that some Australian "Environmentalist", with a book to
sell, comes to my country and tells us that the polar bears are drowning
and will be extinct in 25 years and he makes the front page of every
paper and "no polar bears in 25 years" becomes an accepted fact and a
greenie mantra. When a polar bear biologist from Iqualuit says the
Aussie is full of beans, his words only make the Op Ed page.

I attended my first lecture on global warming in my second year
university in 1985 (back then we called it "the greenhouse effect").
The learned professor displayed the results of the models in graphs and
maps. The predictions he made then haven't changed much in 26 years,
but the dates that these events are to happen sure has. Back then,
there would be no Maldives by 1997 (the Maldives did almost vanish in
2004 but the tsunami was NOT caused by climate change). Much of the
Eastern Seaboard was gone by now. The millions of people displaced by
rising sea levels have started numerous conflicts by now. Forgive me if
I'm a little cynical, but in 26 years NOTHING he predicted has happened.

I'm not saying we should go around polluting as much as possible. I'm
just saying that that there's a lot of bull**** passing itself off a
science these days. My theory is that it is caused by too many people
being university educated (and thus call themselves "scientists")
without being really smart.

On a happier on topic note, I think we are FINALLY going to launch the
boat tomorrow. Whew!

Stella
JoeSpareBedroom

"Black Dog" wrote in message
.. .

I bothers me that people with political agendas can ignore the simple fact
that the sun is responsible for pretty much all of climate everywhere in
the solar system......

That's an interesting comment. Are you referring to non-politicians and
non-scientists who have simply chosen to believe one theory or another?