BoatBanter.com

-   -   Vintage Sea King 3 1/2 hp Air-cooled (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/69442-re-vintage-sea-king-3-1-2-hp-air-cooled.html)

trainfan1 May 6th 06 04:46 PM

Vintage Sea King 3 1/2 hp Air-cooled

Mys Terry wrote:
On Fri, 5 May 2006 18:29:38 -0500, (VIKE) wrote:

I have this outboard and I have no idea how old it is. The number on the
Owners Manual and parts lists is XTV-28923A. I bought it from an older
person and he said it has only been run twice and it is in excellent
condition. Can anyone tell me the age. Roy

1963 to 1965.

It's probably not air cooled if it's this old, these were West Bend
motors labeled for Montgomery Wards.

If it's air cooled, it would be a later Eska or Clinton built motor.

Rob

VIKE May 6th 06 07:44 PM

Vintage Sea King 3 1/2 hp Air-cooled

Thanks so much for the information. On the Original owners Manual it
says Air Cooled . Like I said it has only been used twice. How much do
you think its worth? Thanks Roy

trainfan1 May 6th 06 09:33 PM

VIKE wrote:

Thanks so much for the information. On the Original owners Manual it
says Air Cooled . Like I said it has only been used twice. How much do
you think its worth? Thanks Roy

There aren't enough of them sold to establish a reliable price. Check
eBay, but $75-$150 for obsolete equipment of this genre is about it. It
might make a nice kicker for a canoe or small jon boat until it breaks
down, then maybe it's a display or mantle piece.

If you can identify the powerhead(usually a Tecumseh AV-520), you may be
able to get parts for the motor. Keep the gears lubed, too. Check the
manual, as there may still be a water pump/impeller, even air cooled
outboards often had water cooled exhaust legs.

Rob

VIKE May 7th 06 08:58 AM

Vintage Sea King 3 1/2 hp Air-cooled

Thanks a lot, for the great information I sure appreciate it, you were a
lot of help. Thanks, Roy