Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default River wakes (from an old thread)

As some of you may well rememeber me asking questions about a 28 ft.
pontoon boat.

Well, instead of owning and all the hassle that goes with towing ,
launching and messing around with it, for probably no more than it will
actually be used.

My wife and I were looking at trenting one (actually a tri-toon
semi-houseboat) for a river cruise on a long weekend on the Ohio river.
90 horse Nissan, and actually a pretty nice rig.

I've tooled around on small craft on small rivers but nothing like the
ILLINOIS, OHIO, or the MISSISSIPPI. But it seems like a fun thing to
do.

Anyhow, afte reading some old threads like this:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...35aca19e?hl=en

It made me think to ask questions on how to handle large wakes from
"wake Cruisers" to large Barge-pushing Tugs..

I have no fear of keeping out of their way, it's out of their wake or
at least how to handle aproaching their wake, that concernes me.

I know of people who have capsized, or swamped because they got int he
*trough* or heading into the wake and *torpedoing* their boat .

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks!