BoatBanter.com

-   -   ESPN calls a spade a spade (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/66217-espn-calls-spade-spade.html)

jps February 6th 06 09:58 PM

ESPN calls a spade a spade

AFC requires help from third team to win...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?
columnist=smith_michael&id=2320683

jps February 7th 06 12:54 AM

ESPN calls a spade a spade

In article ,
says...
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 00:19:00 GMT, Fred Dehl
wrote:

jps wrote in
:

AFC requires help from third team to win...

Yeah, had "The AFC" tried to play the game they certainly would have
needed the refs' help to get Chad Johnson, Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis on
the field.

However, the point you might be TRYING to make, that a minimum of three
totally wrong calls (Offensive PI on a touchdown pass, non-holding on a
pass to the Steelers' 1, Hasselbeck's tackle being called a cut block)
certainly cost Seattle the opportunity to win the game. And the only
close call that went their way (Hasselbeck down by contact) was called
correctly only because the call on the field was reversed.

wah wah wah...

even funnier is mr pc jps calling a spade a spade...

i'll let you think about that for a minute. :)

That's not funny to me. The cliche is about cards and I don't suffer
from cultural tourettes.

And, while PC oftentimes goes overboard, the intent is honorable. But
then, what would you know about that? You're a conservative and that
gives license to not give a **** about anyone but yourself, unless
you're feeling generous.

Go plant some crops you Brady freak.

jps