BoatBanter.com

-   -   at some point, (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/66178-re-some-point.html)

Don White February 5th 06 11:52 PM

at some point,

Harry Krause wrote:
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

it ceases to be a sport.

--------------

Ultraviolet lure may catch fish's eye

By Nicholas K. Geranios, Associated Press Writer | February 5, 2006

SPOKANE, Wash. -- In the ancient struggle between man and fish, man
has a new weapon. Forget fancy lures, depth charges or precision
casting guns. The new weapon requires vision -- ultraviolet vision.

Called Fool-a-Fish, it comes in a bottle that sprays titanium dioxide
on fishing lures and bait.

You do know that titanium dioxide causes your dick to fall off... :}

probably not using it anyway... :-)

[email protected] February 6th 06 03:02 AM

at some point,

I am a skeptic. The attenuation distance of any UV in water is fairly
short so I see no reason why fish would see in the UV. Maybe
blue-green, but not UV. Sounds like a scam to me.

Nothing special about TiO2 either. Its used in paint as a whitener and
even in toothpaste.