BoatBanter.com

-   -   12-16 Dead in Seaplane Crash off Miami Beach (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/64338-re-12-16-dead-seaplane-crash-off-miami-beach.html)

Dan Krueger December 20th 05 01:45 AM

12-16 Dead in Seaplane Crash off Miami Beach

Harry Krause wrote:

A seaplane carrying approximately 16 persons, including two crew,
crashed or exploded shortly after takeoff at 2:30 pm today at Government
Cut near south Miami Beach.

The is the Cut the cruise ships use, too.

This sucks.

All 19 are dead including some infants - very sad. One report from the
Coast Guard said that these planes could catch floating debris causing
structural failure but smoke and fire were reported from both engines.

It's big news here and we happen to be hosting our holiday party at the
Miami Beach Smith and Wollensky this week. That is a front row seat to
the scene of the tragedy.

Dan