BoatBanter.com

-   -   God of wind (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/64289-god-wind.html)

rcoleman December 18th 05 08:26 PM

God of wind

As it would appear there isn't a lot of boating discussion these days. I
need a picture of the island god of wind, Fa'atiu or, la a maomao

Thanks

Bill McKee December 18th 05 09:52 PM

God of wind

"rcoleman" wrote in message
As it would appear there isn't a lot of boating discussion these days. I
need a picture of the island god of wind, Fa'atiu or, la a maomao

Thanks

Maybe no one had a camera available? Or the God / Goddess blew it away. Or
if the picture is posted, there will be more (or no) wind.

JohnH December 18th 05 10:50 PM

God of wind

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:26:09 GMT, "rcoleman" wrote:

As it would appear there isn't a lot of boating discussion these days. I
need a picture of the island god of wind, Fa'atiu or, la a maomao

Thanks

Talking about god in this newsgroup can get you in hot water.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

rcoleman December 19th 05 12:41 PM

God of wind

I suppose I should have expected this, but it was a serious request. A
friend of mine is carving a piece for a sailboat for a voyage to the
islands, and wanted to see a representative icon.The "Wind God" seems
entirely appropriate. Googling doesn't turn up much, so I thought perhaps
some intellegent information might be found here.
And yet there is hope.

rcoleman December 19th 05 01:15 PM

God of wind

Hello Harry. I was wondering when you would chime in. But Delay is known as
the "Hammer" isn't he?

wrote:

As it would appear there isn't a lot of boating discussion these days.
need a picture of the island god of wind, Fa'atiu or, la a maomao

Thanks

Talking about god in this newsgroup can get you in hot water.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

A icon "representative" of the god of wind would be Tom DeLay.

brianM December 20th 05 11:19 AM

God of wind

wrote:

As it would appear there isn't a lot of boating discussion these days.
I need a picture of the island god of wind, Fa'atiu or, la a maomao

Thanks

Talking about god in this newsgroup can get you in hot water. -- John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!**** *****...and your New Year
even Better!*****

New Zealand Maori legends:

Nga Hau e Wha --- The four winds