Lloyd

Default battery charging question (possibly dumb]

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:10:25 +0000, Gene Kearns wrote:

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:06:16 -0800, "wtrplnet"
wrote:

I'm no expert on this but IIRC charging a battery can build up explosive
fumes. I would expect those to disperse in a car battery but in a boat
could collect in the bilge and cause a really dangerous condition.

Anyone?

Your point is well taken and speaks to the point that batteries should
only be installed in approved locations. There must be venting.

Not quite. The "explosive fumes" are hydrogen, which is lighter than air.
It will NOT "collect in the bilge". Not saying that batteries shouldn't be
properly vented, though.

Lloyd

Keep Bilge Area Dry or Keep It Wet for Winterizing? [email protected] General 23 November 30th 05 05:21 PM
Battery Question Marc Electronics 4 November 20th 05 03:02 AM
The Best Way to Provide 24-volt for a 24-volt Trolling Motor? [email protected] General 8 November 16th 05 03:18 AM
Same battery - different cells - different water levels beaufortnc Cruising 1 November 3rd 05 02:04 AM