BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ping: Firefox 1.5 users (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63959-ping-firefox-1-5-users.html)

*JimH* December 9th 05 09:40 PM

Ping: Firefox 1.5 users

=====================
The latest Firefox flaw exists in the history.dat file, which stores
information from Web sites users have visited with the Firefox 1.5 browser,
according to a posting on the Internet Storm Center, which monitors online
threats.
"If the topic of a page is crafted to be long enough, it will crash the
browser each time it is started after going to such a page," according to
the Internet Storm Center posting. "Once this happens, Firefox will be
unable to be started until you erase the history.dat file manually.

Full story at: http://tinyurl.com/7t9yv

========================

I do not think a fix has yet to be released, but I may be wrong.

-rick- December 10th 05 06:16 AM

Ping: Firefox 1.5 users

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:40:31 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

=====================
The latest Firefox flaw exists in the history.dat file, which stores
information from Web sites users have visited with the Firefox 1.5 browser,
according to a posting on the Internet Storm Center, which monitors online
threats.
"If the topic of a page is crafted to be long enough, it will crash the
browser each time it is started after going to such a page," according to
the Internet Storm Center posting. "Once this happens, Firefox will be
unable to be started until you erase the history.dat file manually.

Full story at: http://tinyurl.com/7t9yv

I do not think a fix has yet to be released, but I may be wrong.

Mozilla says it's not a big deal and they will have a fix in a few days.

thanks for the heads up

Set the options to clear history when closing and it can't get hung when
opening.

-rick-