BoatBanter.com

-   -   The preferred spelling of... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63919-re-preferred-spelling.html)

Lord Reginald Smithers December 9th 05 03:57 AM

The preferred spelling of...

Harry,
Is that a hint that you know my last name?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...marshal is marshal, with one l.

As in United States Marshals Service.

When the word is spelled Marshall, it typically is someone's first or last
name.

--
If you voted for Bush, you are to blame.

William Bruce December 9th 05 04:21 AM

The preferred spelling of...

Harry Krause wrote:
When the word is spelled Marshall, it typically is someone's first or
last name.

And when the word is spelled Krause, it typically means someone is a
senseless egomaniacal old ninny.

Cheers.

John H. December 9th 05 02:58 PM

The preferred spelling of...

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 22:21:05 -0600, "William Bruce" wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
When the word is spelled Marshall, it typically is someone's first or
last name.

And when the word is spelled Krause, it typically means someone is a
senseless egomaniacal old ninny.

Cheers.

No, it actually means a 'ruffle' or 'frill'. But, that's not very inspirational either.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.

Lord Reginald Smithers December 9th 05 05:02 PM

The preferred spelling of...

Krause,
How could JohnH's definition be insulted to Jesus?

Have you ever said anything that even you would find offensive?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H. wrote:

Yet another comment that would be insulting to his saviour.

Lord Reginald Smithers December 9th 05 05:05 PM

The preferred spelling of...

JohnH,
I thought it meant Frizzy?

[email protected] December 9th 05 06:46 PM

The preferred spelling of...

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Krause,
How could JohnH's definition be insulted to Jesus?

Huh????

Lord Reginald Smithers December 9th 05 07:45 PM

The preferred spelling of...

Kevin,
I feel it is my moral responsibility to try to help you understand English,
so let me try to help you understand this post.

JohnH said:

"No, it actually means a 'ruffle' or 'frill'. But, that's not very
inspirational either."

Note to Kevin: See this is where JohnH provided a definition for the word,
Krause.

Harry said:

"Yet another comment that would be insulting to his saviour."

Note to Kevin: See Harry was telling JohnH that his comment (the comment
was his definition meant "ruffle or frill") was insulting to his savior
(Jesus Christ).

Then Lord Reginald Smithers said:

" How could JohnH's definition be insulted to Jesus?"

Note to Kevin: I could not understand how JohnH talking about a word
meaning "ruffled or frill" could be insulting to anyone, especially Jesus
Christ.

Then Kevin replied:

Huh????

Note to Kevin: See how easy it is to understand and follow English if you
just look at the words. If you need anymore help, let me know.

oups.com...

P Fritz December 9th 05 07:48 PM

The preferred spelling of...

Yes, but if he did that, he might actually understand the stuff that he
cuts and pastes usuallyprove him wrong and / or support the opposite of his
opinion. That would severely decrease the entertainment he provides in
thisNG.

Harry said:

"Yet another comment that would be insulting to his saviour."

Note to Kevin: See Harry was telling JohnH that his comment (the comment
was his definition meant "ruffle or frill") was insulting to his savior
(Jesus Christ).

Then Lord Reginald Smithers said:

" How could JohnH's definition be insulted to Jesus?"

Note to Kevin: I could not understand how JohnH talking about a word
meaning "ruffled or frill" could be insulting to anyone, especially Jesus
Christ.

Then Kevin replied:

Huh????

Note to Kevin: See how easy it is to understand and follow English if you
just look at the words. If you need anymore help, let me know.

oups.com...

Lord Reginald Smithers December 9th 05 07:49 PM

The preferred spelling of...

Harry,
Since I am hoping you have come up with an insult worthy of me, I have to
ask, what is an ESOL retardo?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Krause,
How could JohnH's definition be insulted to Jesus?

Huh????

Smithers does okay for an ESOL retardo.

--
/bush

Lord Reginald Smithers December 9th 05 07:59 PM

The preferred spelling of...

Paul,
You have to trust me on this one, Kevin is not capable of learning. I think
it is either the result of FAS or excessive drug use.

Harry said:

"Yet another comment that would be insulting to his saviour."

Note to Kevin: See Harry was telling JohnH that his comment (the comment
was his definition meant "ruffle or frill") was insulting to his savior
(Jesus Christ).

Then Lord Reginald Smithers said:

" How could JohnH's definition be insulted to Jesus?"

Note to Kevin: I could not understand how JohnH talking about a word
meaning "ruffled or frill" could be insulting to anyone, especially Jesus
Christ.

Then Kevin replied:

Huh????

Note to Kevin: See how easy it is to understand and follow English if
you
just look at the words. If you need anymore help, let me know.

oups.com...