BoatBanter.com

-   -   Iraq becomes Texas? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63571-re-iraq-becomes-texas.html)

NOYB December 1st 05 05:30 PM

Iraq becomes Texas?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Think about it. Texas-style democracy.

Pre-invasion, Iraq was a state built on cheap oil and cheap labor, with
several classes of citizens, fundamentalists with a gun on every block,
paranoia, and a small cadre of graft-fed politicians leading them all.

Now, that model has been modified by US forces who ousted their leader,
Saddam, and replaced him with the Texas model: a state built on cheap oil,
cheap labor, several classes of citizens, fundamentalists with a gun on
every block, paranoia, and a small cadre of graft-fed politicians leading
them all.

Progress, Republican style.

I'd gladly adopt Iraq as our 50th state in exchange for ridding ourselves of
a blue state or two. I'd start with California...and Massachusetts would be
a close second.

Eisboch December 1st 05 07:21 PM

Iraq becomes Texas?

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

I'd gladly adopt Iraq as our 50th state in exchange for ridding ourselves
of a blue state or two. I'd start with California...and Massachusetts
would be a close second.

Hey, let me off first.

Eisboch

NOYB December 1st 05 07:27 PM

Iraq becomes Texas?

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

I'd gladly adopt Iraq as our 50th state in exchange for ridding ourselves
of a blue state or two. I'd start with California...and Massachusetts
would be a close second.

Hey, let me off first.

You could always move down to your place in Florida. ;-)