BoatBanter.com

-   -   A really nice sports story (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63159-re-really-nice-sports-story.html)

Eisboch November 21st 05 11:51 PM

A really nice sports story

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Ali's legacy celebrated in style by stars of the universe
By Ron Lewis
London Times

Muhammad Ali is a class act. My brother and I have often debated if he is
the world's greatest boxer (I think he was - my brother is a little too
young to really remember him in action), but we both agree his post boxing
contributions to the world and fundamental integrity sets him apart from the
rest.

Eisboch

thunder November 22nd 05 12:05 PM

A really nice sports story

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:51:38 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

Muhammad Ali is a class act. My brother and I have often debated if he is
the world's greatest boxer (I think he was - my brother is a little too
young to really remember him in action), but we both agree his post boxing
contributions to the world and fundamental integrity sets him apart from
the rest.

I would argue that not only was he the world's greatest boxer, but he
saved the sport. Before Ali, boxing was mobbed up, and dying. Ali
revitalized it, almost single-handed. He did have a little help from Joe
Frazier. ;-)