BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bush and Human Rights (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/62-re-bush-human-rights.html)

bb July 10th 03 03:47 PM

Bush and Human Rights

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:40:37 -0400 (EDT), (N.L.
Eckert) wrote:

Some of the extreme fundamentalist Muslim countries are now
requiring all Muslim girls over the age of 18 to shave all
their pubic hair as a sign of defiance to the West.
International news reporters are saying that the anti-Bush
campaign* has gone too far.
=========
Norm

Man, that's a lotta shavin'. Some of them bushes go from the ankles
to the armpits. Might be a good time to invest in gillette.

bb

OldAsDirtSchool July 10th 03 04:29 PM

Bush and Human Rights

Some people should actually read instead of listening to talk radio.
If you take it in context, which talk radio doesn't do, you would have
known that she was making fun of the adverts linking recreational drug
use to aiding terrorism. But then again maybe you knew that and are just
as dishonest as the radio folk.

Dave Hall wrote:
basskisser wrote:

... And Human Rights For All?

By Arianna Huffington

The same person who linked driving SUV's with aiding terrorism. The rest
is automatically suspect....

Dave

basskisser July 11th 03 08:00 PM

Bush and Human Rights

Dave Hall wrote in message ...
OldAsDirtSchool wrote:

Some people should actually read instead of listening to talk radio.
If you take it in context, which talk radio doesn't do, you would have
known that she was making fun of the adverts linking recreational drug
use to aiding terrorism. But then again maybe you knew that and are just
as dishonest as the radio folk.

What? I'm talking about Arianna Huffington's campaign and conclusion
that if you drive an SUV, you are aiding terrorists. She was even
interviewed and she provided and outlined the "logic" for her position.
She was NOT "making fun" of anything. She was dead serious.

Dave

You just don't get it at all, do you?

basskisser July 14th 03 07:39 PM

Bush and Human Rights

Dave Hall wrote in message ...
basskisser wrote:

Dave Hall wrote in message ...
OldAsDirtSchool wrote:

Some people should actually read instead of listening to talk radio.
If you take it in context, which talk radio doesn't do, you would have
known that she was making fun of the adverts linking recreational drug
use to aiding terrorism. But then again maybe you knew that and are just
as dishonest as the radio folk.

What? I'm talking about Arianna Huffington's campaign and conclusion
that if you drive an SUV, you are aiding terrorists. She was even
interviewed and she provided and outlined the "logic" for her position.
She was NOT "making fun" of anything. She was dead serious.

Dave

You just don't get it at all, do you?

What is there to "get" other than someone making a wild claim and
attempting to demonize a mode of transportation, enjoyed by millions of
Americans, by making a loose comparison to our use of oil somehow
benefitting terrorists?

Is oil money finding it's way into terrorist's hands? Probably. But
should we just stop using oil and hope that this stops terrorism? That's
insane.

Dave

Kind of like renaming french fries "freedom fries", huh?