Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
P. Fritz

Default I wonder how Judith Miller...

They are after her for supporting the WMD in Iraq.

likes it under the bus?

Snippet of Bill Keller's Email memo:

"I wish that when I learned Judy Miller had been subpoenaed as a
witness in the leak investigation, I had sat her down for a thorough
debriefing, and followed up with some reporting of my own. It is a
natural and proper instinct to defend reporters when the government
seeks to interfere in our work. And under other circumstances it might
have been fine to entrust the details _ the substance of the
confidential interviews, the notes _ to lawyers who would be handling
the case. But in this case I missed what should have been significant
alarm bells. Until Fitzgerald came after her, I didn't know that Judy
had been one of the reporters on the receiving end of the anti-Wilson
whisper campaign. I should have wondered why I was learning this from
the special counsel, a year after the fact. (In November of 2003 Phil
Taubman tried to ascertain whether any of our correspondents had been
offered similar leaks. As we reported last Sunday, Judy seems to have
misled Phil Taubman about the extent of her involvement.) This alone
should have been enough to make me probe deeper."

From The Washington Post:

http://tinyurl.com/9v5h3

I fully expect Our Lady of Op/Ed Virginity Maureen Dowd to be driving
the bus and Frank Rich to be selling tickets for the ride.

Side note: Makes the "Old Gray Lady" and "Newspaper of Record" a
little suspect eh, what?