BoatBanter.com

-   -   Queen Mary 2 captain gets wish (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/61234-queen-mary-2-captain-gets-wish.html)

Don White October 9th 05 01:59 AM

Queen Mary 2 captain gets wish

Last year when the Queen Mary 2 visited here, the commodore was suprised
that there was nothing on the waterfront to honour one of our most
successful citizens.
He arrived last Monday and presented a $ 75K cheque to help rectify that
problem. About time!
see: http://thechronicleherald.ca/Business/457213.html

Don White October 9th 05 03:49 AM

Queen Mary 2 captain gets wish

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:59:42 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Last year when the Queen Mary 2 visited here, the commodore was suprised
that there was nothing on the waterfront to honour one of our most
successful citizens.
He arrived last Monday and presented a $ 75K cheque to help rectify that
problem. About time!
see: http://thechronicleherald.ca/Business/457213.html

Damn - here I thought it was you he was talking about.

~~ sigh ~~

Disappointed again. :)

Naw...they still have the 'real me' kicking around. No need for a
bronze statue yet.