BoatBanter.com

-   -   Campion boats...Any good? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/600-campion-boats-any-good.html)

alincoln August 10th 03 12:58 AM

Campion boats...Any good?

Hi all,

Had a number of test drives today...Four Winns 180 Horizon, 190
Horizon and Larson 190 SEi. But I happen to chance a 2001 leftover
Campion in a marina I was driving by. Had never heard of them, so I
stopped?

Actually, the boat was pretty nice. Looked a lot like a Four Winns.
Salesperson pointed out a number of trinkets I never thought of, like
bolt construction versus a typical screw or self-tapping screw.

Anyway, anybody own one of these or know anything about the quality?

tia,

adym
..
..

Icebound August 10th 03 03:25 AM

Campion boats...Any good?

alincoln wrote:

Anyway, anybody own one of these or know anything about the quality?

tia,

adym
.
.

People who have them generally like them.

Their website:

http://www.campionboats.com/company/contact.html

--
"The Final 20 percent of the Project... requires 80 percent of the Effort"
---- paraphrased from Vilfredo Pareto (1848-1923)

Lloyd Sumpter August 10th 03 05:38 AM

Campion boats...Any good?

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 16:58:21 +0000, alincoln wrote:

Hi all,

Had a number of test drives today...Four Winns 180 Horizon, 190
Horizon and Larson 190 SEi. But I happen to chance a 2001 leftover
Campion in a marina I was driving by. Had never heard of them, so I
stopped?

Actually, the boat was pretty nice. Looked a lot like a Four Winns.
Salesperson pointed out a number of trinkets I never thought of, like
bolt construction versus a typical screw or self-tapping screw.

Anyway, anybody own one of these or know anything about the quality?

As someone said, good quality Canadian made boat. Made in Kelona, BC. More
popular here than a Bayliner (and MUCH better quality!). Had a 1983
Campion 18ft hardtop for a few years - very well built and good-running
boat.

Lloyd

Akgramps July 31st 09 03:09 AM

I know I am resurrecting an old thread, I am a new member and curious about older Campions in the 24-26 foot range. Late 70's and early 80's.

I have seen a few advertised in the Vancouver area and there are a few things about them I really like. I was wondering if there are any know problems to look for in the older boats, particuarly in the fiberglass, it seems each manufacturer had a period where they were learning or trying something new and should be avoided.
I will appreciate any input.