BoatBanter.com

-   -   Run-On - how to cure? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/56-re-run-how-cure.html)

basskisser July 10th 03 01:12 PM

Run-On - how to cure?

(Curtis CCR) wrote in message
Adding oil does not change stability. Two-stroke premix will store
the same as gasoline alone.

Although some companies are putting stabilizing additives to there two
stroke oil now. That can only be a good thing. It may be my
imagination, but it seems to me that premix actually goes bad faster
than plain gas.

Curtis CCR July 10th 03 06:27 PM

Run-On - how to cure?

I screwed up a couple of things below... my corrections are in brackets [ ] .

(Curtis CCR) wrote in message

Chevron claims that most [gasolines] can be stored for up to a year. They
further say that federal and California reforulated gasolines will
hold up better than conventional gas.

For long term storage they recommend -

-[Store] in areas where the temperature will stay below 80F most
of the time.
-Fill containers to 95% full to reduce exposure to water vapor and
condensation.
-Cap containers tightly.
-For long term winter storage in inboard boats, seal the tank vent if
possible.