BoatBanter.com

-   -   Disappointment (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/5566-re-disappointment.html)

Gould 0738 July 16th 04 03:04 AM

Disappointment

Bull****. If he's effeminate, then that's Mother Nature. If he ends up
liking other men, then that's a lifestyle *choice*.

Do you remember the day you "chose" between straight and gay?

Gays don't chose to be gay, any more than the rest of choose to be hetero.

Yup. Those in the relationship are less likely to spread diseases. But if
you raise kids in a gay household, I'd venture to say that it's more likely
the kids will be gay.

Not according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.

I'd venture to say there are no statistics, at all, to back up your wild
assertion.
Kids who grow up in a gay household are more likely to understand and respect
the gay lifestyle, but no hetero guy is going to
suppress his natural desire for women and force himself to have sex with men
simply because he had two dads at home.

It's not a "choice" for straights. It's not a "choice" for gays.

The only choice a gay person has is to be gay or to repress his or her
sexuality entirely. For those who believe that these people are an evil threat
to the fabric of society, I suppose that is what you would prefer they do. If
they're not going to have sex like you do, then they shouldn't be allowed to
have sex at all. Right?

Wayne.B July 16th 04 03:13 AM

Disappointment

On 15 Jul 2004 20:12:02 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:
80 degreee water?!

Good grief.

The *air* seldom gets that hot in any "proper" climate. :-)

80 degrees ain't nuttin. I was out for a quick spin on the
Caloosahatchie River before dinner and the water temperature was 93
degrees about a 1/4 mile from the house. Unfortunately that's also a
reflection of the air temperature this time of year. They don't call
it the tropics for no reason, and yes, engine cooling does become an
issue.

Hopefully I will be retired by this time next year and cruising Maine
and the Cape Cod area on our new (to us) Grand Banks 49.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoo...bum?.dir=/4f58

NOYB July 16th 04 03:16 AM

Disappointment

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
I wonder if the fine citizens of 'Key West' or 'South Beach' know

about
Dr. No and his phobias?

Why do you think he's scared ****less of publishing any identifying
material?

I treat every person who's in my dental chair with respect and
professionalism...even the guy who walked in wearing a Kerry/Edwards pin the
other day. ;-) I said nothing to him about his pin...and he said nothing
to me about my "signed" letter from Bush sitting on the front counter.

I even have several homosexual patients who come in for cleanings at the
same time as their "significant other". They, too, are treated with respect
and professionalism...enough so, that they've referred other same-sex
"couples". One of the guys lives with his partner in the most exclusive
(ie--expensive) part of Naples. They tried to join the beach club as a
couple, and my patient was admitted, but his partner was refused membership
rights that are only granted to spouses.

Naples has its fair share of homosexuals because it's a low-crime area.
Homosexuals can live here safely because the people are educated and
law-abiding...so hate crimes are non-existent. The gays don't flaunt their
homosexuality like they do in restrooms in South Beach, and the rest of
Naples leaves them alone. That's the way it should be.

We even had a Gay/Lesbian (Pride?) group of about a dozen people walking in
the Fourth of July parade. They walked right alongside Planned Parenthood
and the Democratic party's float.

NOYB July 16th 04 03:17 AM

Disappointment

"jps" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

I wonder if the fine citizens of 'Key West' or 'South Beach' know

about
Dr. No and his phobias?

He's a mighty scary dude. I wouldn't want to be in his care if I were
anything but white and rich.

In my dental office, I even treat liberals with respect, jps. So if you
accidentally ended up in my chair one day, you'd have nothing to worry
about.

Wayne.B July 16th 04 03:17 AM

Disappointment

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:09:19 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:
I wonder if the fine citizens of 'Key West' or 'South Beach' know about
Dr. No and his phobias?

=============================

The distance between Naples, South Beach and KW is about a million
miles.

NOYB July 16th 04 03:26 AM

Disappointment

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message news:YkyJc.11133

Statistics have shown that homosexuals make up about 10% of our

population.

Not so. Old figures. Debunked.

I was being generous. Since the number is even lower, my point is even more
poignant.

NOYB July 16th 04 04:15 AM

Disappointment

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Bull****. If he's effeminate, then that's Mother Nature. If he ends up
liking other men, then that's a lifestyle *choice*.

Do you remember the day you "chose" between straight and gay?

You don't "choose" to be straight. Everybody is "straight" by default. You
choose the alternative. That's why homosexuality is also called an
"alternative lifestyle".

Gays don't chose to be gay, any more than the rest of choose to be hetero.

BS!

NOYB July 16th 04 04:19 AM

Disappointment

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On 15 Jul 2004 20:12:02 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:
80 degreee water?!

Good grief.

The *air* seldom gets that hot in any "proper" climate. :-)

80 degrees ain't nuttin. I was out for a quick spin on the
Caloosahatchie River before dinner and the water temperature was 93
degrees about a 1/4 mile from the house. Unfortunately that's also a
reflection of the air temperature this time of year. They don't call
it the tropics for no reason, and yes, engine cooling does become an
issue.

Hopefully I will be retired by this time next year and cruising Maine
and the Cape Cod area on our new (to us) Grand Banks 49.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoo...bum?.dir=/4f58

Beautiful boat Wayne. I always liked the lines of Grand Banks.

Did you notice a decrease in the water quality on the river today? I heard
they did another "big dump" from Lake O.

Fishing should suck for awhile again...and it's only a matter of time before
the red tide blooms. People at SW Florida Water Mgmt. District ought to be
hung.
..

Gould 0738 July 16th 04 06:20 AM

Disappointment

Gays don't chose to be gay, any more than the rest of choose to be hetero.

BS!

Yes, NOYB. BS. Biological Science.
Even if you want to call it a choice, there are common variations of the X
chromosone among male homosexuals who make that choice. And no, all those PhD's
at the end of this piece do not stand for "practicing homosexual doctor".

What is rather interesting is that this information evolved from a genetic
study of men who had died from AIDS. There was no predetermined objective to
prove anything about genetics and homosexual behavior, that turned out to be an
incidental discovery.

Read and learn:

CANCER FACTS
National Cancer Institute
National Institutes of Health

A new study has found a correlation between a specific region of the X
chromosome and male homosexuality. The finding represents new evidence that
sexual orientation may be influenced by heredity.

The study is reported in the July 16 issue of Science by scientists from the
National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.

By analyzing the inheritance of genetic markers in pairs of homosexual
brothers, the scientists localized the region related to sexual orientation to
a minute segment of the human genome. However, a specific gene has not yet been
isolated.

Dean Hamer, Ph.D., chief author of the study, said, "The region that we've
discovered represents a significant variation in the human genetic repertoire.
If the gene itself can be isolated, then it will be important to understand how
it interacts with other genes, the brain, and the environment to influence a
trait as complex and variable as human sexuality."

Hamer is with the National Cancer Institute and conducted the study as part of
the Institute's effort to identify genetic factors involved in cancers that are
frequently found in gay men infected with the AIDS virus.

Hamer and colleagues studied the family histories of 114 gay men and found that
their brothers, maternal uncles, and maternal male cousins were more likely to
be homosexual than would be expected among the general male population. In some
families, gay relatives could be traced back for three generations. Because the
homosexual uncles and male cousins of the gay subjects were raised in different
households, the scientists hypothesized that a genetic factor was involved.
Furthermore, the maternal link suggested that homosexuality might be associated
with the X chromosome, which is the sex-linked chromosome that men inherit only
from their mothers.

Explicit evidence for a genetic link was obtained by studying the X chromosome
DNA of 40 pairs of gay brothers. The scientists used a technique called linkage
mapping to search for patterns of similarity in the genetic information of
related individuals. Thirty-three of the gay sibling pairs had coinherited
genetic markers in the same chromosome region called Xq28, suggesting that 65
percent of the families studied were transmitting a gene for homosexual
orientation.

"The statistical significance of the results was better than 99 percent, which
means that the possibility of obtaining our findings by chance is extremely
unlikely," said Hamer. However, he noted that replication on an independent
population of families will be necessary to confirm the results.

The scientists do not know why 7 of the 40 pairs of gay brothers did not
coinherit the Xq28 genetic marker. Hamer postulated that these gay men may have
inherited other genes that are associated with homosexuality, or they might
have been influenced by environmental factors or life experiences.

"Given the intricacies of human behavior, it is not surprising that a single
genetic locus [region] fails to account for all of the variation seen in the
study group," said Hamer. "What is remarkable is that we can account for at
least some of the inherited variability with a fair degree of statistical
confidence."

The scientists are also studying the families of lesbians. Preliminary results
suggest that female sexual orientation is genetically influenced, but DNA
markers have not been detected yet.

Hamer emphasized that the study was not designed to test for sexual
orientation. The findings do not permit determination of an individual's sexual
orientation, he pointed out, because the complexities of sexuality cannot be
fully explained by a gene or genes.

As efforts to map the human genome progress, there will be increasing concern
about how the information is used. Scientists, educators, policymakers, and the
public should work together to ensure that behavioral genetics research is used
to benefit all members of society and not to discriminate," said Hamer.

The study is titled "A Linkage Between DNA Markers on the X Chromosome and Male
Sexual Orientation." The authors are Dean H. Hamer, Ph.D., Stella Hu, M.A.,
Victoria L. Magnuson, Ph.D., Nan Hu, M.D., and Angela M. L. Pattatucci, Ph.D.

Gould 0738 July 16th 04 06:43 AM

Disappointment

PS, here's another one. :-)

P R E S S R E L E A S E

THE GENETIC BASIS FOR HOMOSEXUALITY

April 26, 1995

Contact: Dr. William J. Turner
- e-mail:

------

Why would anyone choose to become a homosexual, willing to face the wrath and
scorn of family and society? Is this sexual preference a lifestyle choice, as
we now refer to it, or a deviant moral perversion?

It's neither, according to a paper just published in the April '95 issue of
Archives of Sexual Behavior. The study, by Dr. William J. Turner, a Professor
Emeritus of Psychiatry at the State University of New York at Stony Brook,
links homosexual behavior to a DNA sequence at a specific location on the long
arm of the X chromosome.

The genetic study, conducted over a period of six years, began when it was
discovered that there was an unusually low ratio of uncles in the families of
the mothers of gay children. In interviews of the families of 118 homosexual
men, there were only 210 uncles to 320 aunts, rather than the usual one male
for every female ratio that is found in the general population.

Evidence shows that 30% of the males conceived in the maternal generation do
not survive long enough to be born. Among the mother's relatives there occur,
far more frequently than in the father's relatives, such
biologically-determined events as gay and lesbian siblings and cousins,
infertility of male and female relatives, multiple miscarriages, failure to
marry, and suicide.

Further evidence shows that the exact same ratio of uncles to aunts that is
found in the families of homosexuals can be found in 9 other well-established
X-chromosomal conditions, such as color blindness, a form of hemophilia, and a
rare muscular disability.

What happens on the genetic level to cause homosexuality? According to Dr.
Turner, there is a gene or genes on the X and Y chromosomes that give rise to
our usual heterosexuality. The gene or genes in question may be inactivated by
a specific sequence of DNA called trinucleotide repeats. An example of this is
the DNA sequence consisting of one cytosine and two guanines. When the number
of repeats are no greater than 40, the gene is activated normally.

Sequences containing the nucleotide cytosine are unique. Cytosine is the only
nucleotide which can undergo a reaction called "methylation," a process whereby
S-adenosyl methionine gives methyl ions to cytosine, transforming it into
thymine, a new nucleotide. The longer the chain of repeats, and the greater the
methylation, the more the heterosexual gene will be inactivated.

If the number of repeats is too great, then it would be lethal, which explains
why so many males of the mother's generation die before birth.

So, homosexuality is transmitted through mothers to sons and daughters, not by
overprotective or seductive behavior, as was once believed, but what Dr. Turner
calls the ‘Gene for Gender’, the Xq28 region of her chromosomes.

"Homosexuals should not be accused of being sinful or willfully contrary," said
Dr. Turner. "It is a natural occurrence much like being born with brown or
blonde hair." Dr. Turner added that "since homosexuality has a worldwide
occurrence of about five percent of all populations, perhaps its existence
plays some important role in the survival of populations."

Dr. Turner is currently examining the extraordinary relationship of the
gradation of this genetic phenomenon to the full spectrum of sexual
behavior/preference including asexuals, bisexuals, transvestites and
transsexuals.

NOYB July 16th 04 07:42 AM

Disappointment

Psychol Rep. 2004 Apr;94(2):422-4. Related Articles, Links

What was really learned from Tasker and Golombok's (1995) study of lesbian
and single parent mothers?

Schumm WR.

School of Family Studies and Human Services, Justin Hall, Kansas State
University, 1700 Anderson Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66506-1403, USA.

Limitations of research on gays and family life are discussed, including the
low statistical power of small samples, a condition which increases the
likelihood of failing to reject null hypotheses. In particular, it is
observed that Fitzgerald in 1999 shifted from very tentative arguments in
her review of literature to rather conclusive statements in her abstract
about outcomes for children of gay parents. Furthermore, an often quoted
1995 article by Tasker and Golombok, upon closer examination, appears to
indicate that being raised in a lesbian family increases the odds of a child
later adopting a homosexual lifestyle even in the absence of homosexual
attractions. For such reasons, scholars and policymakers all should be very
cautious in accepting, at face value, at least some of the research being
reported on gays and family life.

NOYB July 16th 04 08:00 AM

Disappointment

Psychol Rep. 2003 Dec;93(3 Pt 1):793-802. Related Articles, Links

Molestations by homosexual foster parents: newspaper accounts vs official
records.

Cameron P.

Family Research Institute, Colorado Springs, CO 80962, USA.

To assess whether a systematic tally of newspaper accounts reflect official
foster-parent molestation a review of 6,444 news stories on Lexis-Nexis
Academic Universe from 1989 through 2002 about child molestation yielded 33
stories involving foster parents. Of the 25 foster-parent perpetrators, at
least 15 (60%) engaged in homosexuality. In Illinois 1997-2002, 92 (34%) of
270 foster- or adoptive-parent perpetrators who engaged in "substantiated"
sexual abuse homosexually abused their charges. These findings suggest that
the proportion of homosexual perpetrators in a systematic tally of newspaper
stories is similar to the proportion of homosexual perpetrators in datasets
from large entities and put in question the current policy of utilizing
homosexuals as foster and adoptive parents

NOYB July 16th 04 08:06 AM

Disappointment

Psychol Rep. 2003 Oct;93(2):410-6. Related Articles, Links

Domestic violence among homosexual partners.

Cameron P.

Family Research Institute, Inc., Colorado Springs, CO 80962, USA.

Is domestic violence more frequent in homosexual partnerships? The 1996
National Household Survey of Drug Abuse, based upon a random sample of
12,381 adults aged 18 to 59 years, estimated that 828,900 men and 828,678
women engaged in homosexuality in the prior 12 months. Random surveys
indicated that at any given time, 29% of homosexual men and 32% of
homosexual women are in same-sex partnerships. The National Criminal
Victimization Survey for 1993 to 1999 reported that 0.24% of married women
and 0.035% of married men were victims of domestic violence annually versus
4.6% of the men and 5.8% of the women reporting same-sex partnerships.
Domestic violence appears to be more frequently reported in same-sex
partnerships than among the married.

NOYB July 16th 04 08:18 AM

Disappointment

Here's proof of how we're being "desensitized":

J Homosex. 2002;44(1):157-79. Related Articles, Links

The effect of movie portrayals on audience attitudes about nontraditional
families and sexual orientation.

Mazur MA, Emmers-Sommer TM.

Department of Communication, University of Oklahoma, Norman 73019, USA.

This study examined the impact of motion pictures about the family on
viewers' attitudes about family life and sexual orientation. Viewers were
randomly assigned to view either Father of the Bride II (control group) or
Object of My Affection (treatment group). Viewers' attitudes toward
nontraditionalism and homosexuality were assessed before and after viewing
their respective film. Treatment and control groups significantly differed
in their attitudes toward nontraditionalism, but did not significantly
differ in their attitudes toward homosexuals after viewing their respective
films. However, the treatment group experienced more favorable attitudes
toward homosexuals than the control group after viewing the film. Gender
differences were also observed. Men were less tolerant of homosexuals and
held fewer nontraditional beliefs about the family than women. Implications
and discussion follow.

NOYB July 16th 04 08:37 AM

Disappointment

Psychol Rep. 2002 Feb;90(1):71-82. Related Articles, Links

Comment in:
a.. Psychol Rep. 2002 Aug;91(1):331-2.

Children of homosexual parents report childhood difficulties.

Cameron P, Cameron K.

Family Research Institute, Inc., Colorado Springs, CO 80962-2640, USA.

Referenced as both supporting and weakening the case for parenting by
homosexuals, 57 life-story narratives of children with homosexual parents
published by Rafkin in 1990 and Saffron in 1996 were subjected to content
analysis. Children mentioned one or more problems or concerns in 48 (92%) of
52 families. Of the 213 scored problems, 201 (94%) were attributed to the
homosexual parent(s). Older daughters in at least 8 (27%) of 30 families and
older sons in at least 2 (20%) of 10 families described themselves as
homosexual or bisexual. These findings are inconsistent with propositions
that children of homosexuals do not differ appreciably from those who live
with married parents or that children of homosexuals are not more apt to
engage in homosexuality.

NOYB July 16th 04 08:38 AM

Disappointment

If Chuck was right, and 13% of the population is homosexual, then why do
they account for half of the molestations on school kids?

Psychol Rep. 2002 Feb;90(1):173-4. Related Articles, Links

Do homosexual teachers account for about half of news stories of
molestations of pupils? A Boston Globe replication.

Cameron P.

Family Research Institute, Colorado Springs, CO 80952-2640, USA.

Homosexual interaction was involved in 11 (48%) of 23 and 10 (45%) of 22,
that is, about half of two nationwide databases of newspaper stories about
teachers sexual involvement with pupils reported by Cameron and Cameron in
1998. Whether this relationship holds at a local level was examined by
searching all indexed 'sex crimes' in the Boston Globe from 1991 through
1998 for local stories about sex between pupil and teacher. Of the 21
teachers in 20 stories, 11 (52%) interacted homosexually with pupils. Thus
it appears that nationally and locally, as reported in newspapers, about
half of the molestations by teachers are homosexual.

NOYB July 16th 04 08:40 AM

Disappointment

Chuck's 13% figure is way too high.

Psychol Rep. 1998 Jun;82(3 Pt 1):861-2. Related Articles, Links

"Definitive" University of Chicago sex survey overestimated prevalence of
homosexual identity.

Cameron P, Cameron K.

Family Research Institute, Colorado Springs 800962, USA.

The 1994 University of Chicago "definitive" survey of adults estimated
prevalence of homosexuality among males at 2.8% and among females at 1.4%.
Corrected for the exclusion of those over the age of 59 years, the estimates
should be 2.3% and 1.2%.

NOYB July 16th 04 08:41 AM

Disappointment

J Psychol. 1997 May;131(3):313-32. Related Articles, Links

Did the APA misrepresent the scientific literature to courts in support of
homosexual custody?

Cameron P, Cameron K.

Family Research Institute, Colorado Springs, CO 80962-2640, USA.

In 1994, American Psychological Association amicus briefs informed two state
Supreme Courts that (a) homosexual parents are not more apt to have
homosexual children; (b) lesbians "score significantly higher than
heterosexual parents" on a measure of parental effectiveness; and (c) no
differences between the children raised by homosexuals and nonhomosexuals
had been found "regardless of the geographic region within the United States
where the children were raised." In fact, the evidence from these briefs
shows to the contrary that (a) homosexual parents are more apt to have
homosexual children; (b) the findings on parental effectiveness consisted of
15 fathers being less verbal than 45 mothers; and (c) the finding of no
differences between homosexually and heterosexually raised children
consisted of investigators visiting 11 states to test 89 offspring of 83
lesbian vs. 81 children of 69 nonlesbian volunteers. The APA's support for
gay rights in these briefs may have violated its own ethical principles that
"psychologists base their statements on scientifically acceptable
psychological findings and techniques with full recognition of the limits
and uncertainties of such evidence" and that psychologists must "provide
thorough discussion of the limitations of their data, especially where their
work touches on social policy" (APA, 1981).

NOYB July 16th 04 08:42 AM

Disappointment

Psychol Rep. 1995 Apr;76(2):611-21. Related Articles, Links

Does incest cause homosexuality?

Cameron P, Cameron K.

Family Research Institute, Washington, DC 20013, USA.

A random sample of 5,182 adults from 6 U.S. metropolitan areas were
questioned about incestuous sexual relationships during childhood. Incest
was disproportionately reported by both male and female bisexuals and
homosexuals. 148 gays (7.7% of the sample) reported 14 (50%) of same-sex,
and 7 (22%) of opposite-sex incestuous experiences, and 20 (69%) of same-sex
and 2 (3%) of opposite-sex sexual experiences with other relatives. 88
lesbians (3% of the sample) reported 2 (33%) of same-sex incest and 7 (9%)
of opposite-sex incest and 1 (17%) of same-sex and 10 (13%) of opposite-sex
sexual experiences with other relatives. 12% of 98 male homosexuals vs 0.8%
of 1,224 male heterosexuals with a brother reported brother-brother incest.
These findings are consonant with those of other studies in which
disproportionately more incest by homosexuals was reported. As opposed to an
evolutionary genetic hypothesis, these data support the alternative that
homosexuality may be learned, since homosexuals do not produce children at
sustainable levels and the incidence of homosexuality varies as a function
of various social factors. Incest cannot be excluded as a significant basis
for homosexuality.

Harry Krause July 16th 04 11:05 AM

Disappointment

NOYB wrote:
Here's proof of how we're being "desensitized":

J Homosex. 2002;44(1):157-79. Related Articles, Links

The effect of movie portrayals on audience attitudes about nontraditional
families and sexual orientation.

Mazur MA, Emmers-Sommer TM.

Department of Communication, University of Oklahoma, Norman 73019, USA.

This study examined the impact of motion pictures about the family on

It's not proof, you ninny. It's someone's research paper.

thunder July 16th 04 11:43 AM

Disappointment

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 03:42:47 -0400, NOYB wrote:

Cameron P, Cameron K.

"Cameron was dropped from membership in the American Psychological
Association in 1984 for ethical violations concerning his biased
research. That same year, the Psychological Association in his home state
of Nebraska adopted a formal resolution disassociating itself from
Cameron's work."
From:
http://www.rainbowallianceopenfaith....m/Cameron.html

For more on Paul Cameron:

http://www.hatecrime.org/subpages/ha...lycameron.html

http://www.qrd.org/QRD/www/RRR/cameron.html

basskisser July 16th 04 11:47 AM

Disappointment

"NOYB" wrote in message ...
[...]

Two sides to every coin. You know, or should know, that statistics can
be manipulated many different ways. What percentage is this with
regards to ALL sexual attacks by adoptive or foster parent
perpetrators?

basskisser July 16th 04 11:49 AM

Disappointment

"NOYB" wrote in message ...
"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Bull****. If he's effeminate, then that's Mother Nature. If he ends up
liking other men, then that's a lifestyle *choice*.

Do you remember the day you "chose" between straight and gay?

You don't "choose" to be straight. Everybody is "straight" by default. You
choose the alternative. That's why homosexuality is also called an
"alternative lifestyle".

You are stupid beyond belief. Do you honestly think people choose to
be gay? Why would anyone choose to be gay? Do they like the
humiliation from dolts such as you? Do they like the stares and
whispers? Do they like the beatings by straight skinheads?

Wayne.B July 16th 04 02:29 PM

Disappointment

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:19:13 -0400, "NOYB" wrote:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoo...bum?.dir=/4f58

Beautiful boat Wayne. I always liked the lines of Grand Banks.

Thanks. They have a nice traditional appearance which is kind of
timeless, abeit with a little too much exterior wood. Draft at 5 feet
is something of an issue here in SWFL but I'm on a deep water canal
and our primary usage will be cruising elsewhere.

Did you notice a decrease in the water quality on the river today? I heard
they did another "big dump" from Lake O.

It's hard to say without testing. We have had some significant algae
blooms this summer however.

Gould 0738 July 16th 04 03:23 PM

Disappointment

We do not have a clear idea of the functional significance of these structural
sex differences. Some of these structures, such as the interstitial nucleus of
the anterior hypothalamus, are located in an area of the brain known to play a
role in the regulation of reproductive behavior. Sex differences in the corpus
callosum and perhaps the anterior commissure could be related to
interhemispheric communication. In human beings, brain function is more
lateralized in males. However, even in laboratory animals, the specific
functions of the various sexually dimorphic nuclei are not clear.
Of considerable interest are 3 recent reports of a structural brain difference
between homosexual and apparently heterosexual men. One component of the
interstitial nucleus of the anterior hypothalamus is larger in heterosexual
men. In addition, the suprachiasmatic nucleus of homosexual men is larger than
that of either heterosexual

Read more at:
http://info.med.yale.edu/chldstdy/pl...t/March99.html

Gould 0738 July 16th 04 03:29 PM

Disappointment

Molestations by homosexual foster parents: newspaper accounts vs official
records.

Not so fast, Doc.

You're shifting gears from a cite war over whether or not a genetic basis for
homosexuality is BS to reports of anti-social behavior by some homosexuals.

Let me help you get back on track:

Published: Thursday, April 2, 1998
Research links inner ear and sexual preference

------
Tara Tongco
Staff Reporter

A new discovery adds support to the theory that sexual orientation may be
predisposed before birth.

The auditory systems of homosexual women are different than those of
heterosexual women, according to a study done by Dennis McFadden and Edward
Pasanen, both of University of Texas at Austin.

The study was published March 3 in "The Proceedings of the National Academy of
Sciences."

McFadden, professor for experimental psychology, said they found the inner ears
of homosexual females have undergone "masculinization" caused by a prenatal
effect.

"Their auditory centers have been masculinized, and the presumption is that so
have the sites in the brain that direct sexual preference," he said

Previous research already has established that women have more sensitive
hearing than men, but UT research discovered that the inner ears of homosexual
women worked more like those of men, McFadden said.

"Normal inner ears make sounds under certain circumstances," he said, "and
these sounds are known as otoacoustic emissions or OAEs."

One type of OAE is an echo-like sound that the inner ear makes in response to a
clicking sound, McFadden said.

Microphones were put in ears to record the echoes, and the OAEs of the studied
61 homosexual and bisexual women were significantly weaker than the 57
heterosexual women also tested, McFadden said.

"This is the first evidence of physiological differences we know of in
homosexual/bisexual females and heterosexual females," he said. "But what we
have observed are group differences. It is not possible to tell individually by
looking at ears whether a woman is a lesbian."

The inner ear will serve as a window for prenatal developmental processes and
sexual differentiation, McFadden said.

"Research on the inner ear seems like a bizarre, weird thing to do, but it has
some history," McFadden said. "Studies have been done showing females who have
male twins have OAEs that are more masculine because the female fetus was
exposed to higher-than-normal level of testosterone from the male fetus in the
womb."

He said incidents of homosexuality are not higher in women having male twins
than in other women, but the earlier findings suggest homosexual women also may
have been exposed to higher levels of a testosterone-like substance during some
prenatal development stage.

"It's not enough to masculinize the body, but enough to partially masculinize
the brain and one of its primary sense organs — the inner ear," McFadden
said.

He said research is continuing.

"We're investigating other auditory measures to see if we get similar results,"
he said.

DeAnna Browne, English and journalism junior at Oklahoma State University, said
the research doesn't really matter to her.

"When I figured out I was gay, it didn't occur to me to dwell on what
biological or physical differences I had from straight people," Browne said.
"If (the research) is well backed up and proven, that's great, but it doesn't
matter why to me, it just matters that I am."

She said after she turned 19 or 20 years old she quit trying to find an answer
and accepted who she was.

"There are many factors in my life that could have contributed to my becoming
gay," Browne said. "I could dwell for hours on the factors, but there comes a
time when those factors become secondary to just living life."

Browne said most everyone has heard about the male gay gene, but there were
never any biological answers for lesbianism.

"If the research is correct, then lesbians consistently and constantly seeking
a reason for their homosexuality will have a base by which they can say, 'This
is why I'm gay,'" she said.

Cheryl Rice, history senior, said it took her 34 years to admit she was a
lesbian.

"I didn't want to admit it, because society said I was supposed to get married
to a man and have kids," Rice said. "When I finally did admit it, I felt so
relieved that I didn't even think about a reason why."

She said several people in her family are gay.

"I tend to believe that (homosexuality) is genetic," she said.

John Gaquin July 16th 04 03:40 PM

Disappointment

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
------
Tara Tongco
Staff Reporter

The auditory systems of homosexual women are different than those of
heterosexual women,

Does that mean that homosexual women will actually listen to a guy?

:-)

Gould 0738 July 16th 04 03:51 PM

Disappointment

LOL

Check this site:

http://religioustolerance.org/hom_fixe.htm

There we are, NOYB. You and I fairly accurately reflected in the chart
comparing
"most conservative" vs. "most liberal" views on homosexuality.

I find the following comments at this site rather revealing:

Most human sexuality researchers believe that one's orientation is fixed and
unchangeable. Exceptions are those specialists in human sexuality who are also
religious conservatives. Many of the latter are members of NARTH, a small
professional organization that promotes conservative religious beliefs about
homosexuality.

Imagine that! Some people apparently let a religious desire for certain results
influence the methodology of their research.

Also of interest, the description of the two groups holding the most
conservative, vs. the most liberal views.

Most Conservative:

The most conservative view,
typically promoted by the conservative religious groups, Christian, Jewish,
Muslim, Sikh, etc.

Most Liberal:

The most liberal view,
Typically followed by religious liberals, gays, lesbians, mental health
professionals and human sexuality researchers.

"Mental health professionals and human sexuality researchers"? What the heck
would they know about it, compared to a Mullah, a Rabbi, or a Fundamentalist
Preacher?

Don't know about you, but I usually head straight to the nearest chruch when I
need a science lesson. (not)

Gould 0738 July 16th 04 03:55 PM

Disappointment

Does that mean that homosexual women will actually listen to a guy?

:-)

Good one!

Did you know that one of the mercies of nature is that older men begin
developing an auditory nerve deafness that just happens to correspond with the
pitch range of the average female voice?

Hee haw! 'Course, the reverse is true as well, and women actually lose some
hearing in the lower registers more typically associated with male speech. :-)

John Gaquin July 16th 04 04:46 PM

Disappointment

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

....women actually lose some
hearing in the lower registers more typically associated with male speech.

:-)

Shortly after our wedding, my wife seemed to develop a total hearing loss
*exactly* corresponding to the tonal characteristics of my voice. Otherwise
unaffected.

:-)

John Gaquin July 16th 04 04:52 PM

Disappointment

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

Most Liberal:

The most liberal view,
Typically followed by religious liberals, gays, lesbians, mental health
professionals and human sexuality researchers.

Chicken or egg? Did these people become mental health professionals and
human sexuality researchers as a result of their liberal leanings? Is this
the vast left-wing conspiracy? Inquiring minds.....

NOYB July 17th 04 07:50 AM

Disappointment

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
LOL

Check this site:

http://religioustolerance.org/hom_fixe.htm

You are trying to substantiate your argument with an anti-"Christian
Conservative" website? You're right! I did LOL.

Published: Thursday, April 2, 1998
Research links inner ear and sexual preference

LOL. Gives a new meaning to "aural" sex.

Harry Krause July 17th 04 12:31 PM

Disappointment

NOYB wrote:
"Gould 0738" wrote in message
LOL

Check this site:

http://religioustolerance.org/hom_fixe.htm

You are trying to substantiate your argument with an anti-"Christian
Conservative" website? You're right! I did LOL.

Chistian Conservatives are to Jesus as the Taliban are to Mohammed.

NOYB July 17th 04 05:12 PM

Disappointment

NOYB wrote:
"Gould 0738" wrote in message
LOL

Check this site:

http://religioustolerance.org/hom_fixe.htm

You are trying to substantiate your argument with an anti-"Christian
Conservative" website? You're right! I did LOL.

Chistian Conservatives are to Jesus as the Taliban are to Mohammed.

Conservative people who also happen to be Christian don't want to roll back
the hands of time several centuries like the Taliban. We would just like
the current status quo to be maintained, without any *further* erosion of
our country's moral fabric.

Gould 0738 July 17th 04 05:35 PM

Disappointment

LOL. Gives a new meaning to "aural" sex.

That was awful. Go sit in the corner. :-)

Gould 0738 July 17th 04 06:04 PM

Disappointment

You are trying to substantiate your argument with an anti-"Christian
Conservative" website? You're right! I did LOL.

Pssst. Hey, NOYB, just between you and I, I think that website is trying to
explore the entire assortment of Christian perspectives on issues. (Tough
concept for a lot of folks who sincerely believe their only private
understanding is the only one that could possibly be valid, or Christian.) Does
the introduction of ideas not in lock-step with your own perceptions somehow
threaten conservative Christianity? Why? If you're so absolutely right, you
have nothing to fear.

Plus, we're talking a matter of constitutional law, not religion. I only used
the graph from that website because it seemed to illustrate our opposite
positions so clearly.

********

MIssion statement from your "anti- conservative Christian" website:

Points of concern:
It is our policy to compare and contrast the beliefs and practices of very
conservative with very liberal Christians. Most North American Christians
belong to either a mainline denomination or the Roman Catholic Church. Their
own faith group may teach some beliefs similar to the conservative wing of
Christianity. Some beliefs are similar to that of the liberal wing. Some
beliefs are intermediate between the two.

We feel that it is important for persons of all faith groups (Christian and
non-Christian) to understand the great diversity of Christian beliefs -- both
among denominations today and throughout history. Many Christians are aware of
their own denomination's current beliefs, but are unfamiliar with the history
of those beliefs, or of the teachings of other denominations.

**************

Doesn't sound anti-conservative to me. Sounds like a group of folks more
interested in finding the truth than following a dogma.

Doug Kanter July 18th 04 02:05 PM

Disappointment

ink.net...

John Gaquin wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

So? Are you saying the drop in marriage results from allowing gay
marriage?

Not specifically. I think (no data) it results from the perceived

general
devaluation of marriage as a solid, stable societal institution.

About 50% of the marriages in this country end in divorce, and I

suspect

The "whatever" attitude that results in a 50% divorce rate is, imo,

part
of
the same cultural ambivalence. I wonder how many couples actually

read
and
think about the marriage vows they speak.

I don't see it as redefinition as much as inclusion.

It's a redefinition to effect an inclusion, and the question is "Why?"

The
central nut of public policy management is to provide the greatest

good
for
the greatest number. Why discommode 97% of the population to the

benefit of
3%?

It does no harm. The fact that marriage ain't what it used to be isn't
the result of homosexuality or gay marriage.

It's the result of moral decay in our society. It's the result of

Americans
changing the social "norm" to suit their desires, rather than allowing

their
desires to be guided by social norms.

Nonsense, tooth-boy. Assuming 97% of the population is straight, are their
desires going to change because of a new definition of "couple-ness" for
gays who are on the verge of spending their lives together as a household?
As far as I'm concerned, if the gay couple next door wants to make their
union legal, it has absolutely no effect on me.

In fact, I've just made an inaccurate statement. In reality, if the gay
couple wants to pay more taxes like other married people, that's their
business.

When my son has friends over, there's a rule here. If they're going to go
into deep television vegetable mode, I reserve the right to interject one
entire news program. When Bush's legislation was whacked last week, I asked
3 kids what they thought of it. Unanimous answer: A waste of time and effort
when there are more important things to do in Washington. Better watch out.
In three years, these intelligent kids will be ready to vote. My son: "The
dickhead's trying to distract us from the fact that he wants me to get shot
at when I'm 18".

NOYB July 18th 04 08:13 PM

Disappointment

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

My son: "The
dickhead's trying to distract us from the fact that he wants me to get

shot

So it's ok that your son has a foul mouth as long as he's anti-Republican?

If your son has drawn the conclusion that Bush is sending kids over to the
Middle East solely because he wants them to get shot at, then perhaps you
should have tuned him into the news programs 34 months ago. Oh yeah...and
turn off that damned NPR.