BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT Bush's Prayer (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/5542-ot-bushs-prayer.html)

Dave Hall July 15th 04 05:40 PM

OT Bush's Prayer

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:23:21 -0400, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Well, of course, but the fact that I read so much is a result of my
liberal arts education,

No doubt true, but I suspect there are a large number of folk with
engineering degrees who also keep up with world events.

And most intelligent people don't need a degree at all to read things.

In my neck of the woods, a liberal arts degree will qualify you to
serve fries at MickeyD's.........

Dave

Charles July 15th 04 06:38 PM

OT Bush's Prayer

Harry Krause wrote:

I'm kind of active in the study circle movement.

Is that why you've felt the need recently to tell us about your bowel movements?

-- Charlie

Harry Krause July 15th 04 07:09 PM

OT Bush's Prayer

wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Well, of course, but the fact that I read so much is a result of my
liberal arts education,

No doubt true, but I suspect there are a large number of folk with
engineering degrees who also keep up with world events.

And most intelligent people don't need a degree at all to read things.

In my neck of the woods, a liberal arts degree will qualify you to
serve fries at MickeyD's.........

Dave

In my neck of the woods, Dave, you'd be unemployed.

basskisser July 15th 04 07:50 PM

OT Bush's Prayer

"John Gaquin" wrote in message ...
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

A result of my liberal arts education.

More likely a result of the fact that you read the newspaper. Jamestown,
Jonestown -- I just grabbed the wrong name. His name was James Jones.

And when losing a debate, you are the first to start on someone about
mistakes in their posts by insinuating they are dumb.

basskisser July 15th 04 07:51 PM

OT Bush's Prayer

"John Gaquin" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message

This is good!

Yes, you would think so.

And why don't YOU like it? It's poignant,

poignant?

and honestly, quite truthful,

Consider it truthful if that makes you feel better. It's naught more than a
rehash of all the old canards floated in 2000 by the Dems and their
blow-boys. I have no doubt that all the kool-aid drinkers in Jamestown
thought Father Jim was being truthfull, too. And all those Heaven's Gate
whack-jobs who offed themselves in California really did believe they were
going for a ride on Hale-Bopp.

and funny.

Humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I don't know why anyone
from the South would find that style anything but insulting.

Seeing how you like to tell people how stupid they are because they
don't use good grammar, and spelling when swiftly writing to a
newsgroup, do you, per chance, mean "truthful"?

John Gaquin July 15th 04 08:52 PM

OT Bush's Prayer

"basskisser" wrote in message

Seeing how you like to tell people how stupid they are because they
don't use good grammar, and spelling when swiftly writing to a
newsgroup, do you, per chance, mean "truthful"?

Yes, I do, as used in the earlier paragraph. Spelling errors inevitably do
occur and slip past the spell checker from time to time. For that reason, I
don't believe I pick at spelling issues much at all. Sometimes the error
either transforms the word in question into an entirely different meaning,
or creates a bit of humorous irony. As to grammar -- the good or bad of it
will flow through and transcend spelling issues.

John Gaquin July 15th 04 08:56 PM

OT Bush's Prayer

"basskisser" wrote in message

And when losing a debate, you are the first to start on someone about
mistakes in their posts by insinuating they are dumb.

If the mistakes be factual, and substantially affect the structure of the
person's argument, yes I do. And don't restrict yourself to occasions when
I may be losing a debate -- available examples will prove all to rare. :-)