BoatBanter.com

-   -   Need a little help with the motor (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/552-re-need-little-help-motor.html)

noah August 6th 03 10:42 PM

Need a little help with the motor

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 19:34:23 -0700, wrote:

I have a 1996 22 foot Regal with a 5.0 Ford and a Volvo
outdrive. This weekend on the river the power steering belt brok. Will
I was down river so I just drove it anyway to get back. Then, as luck
would have it, the water pump belt broke (can this be related).
Anyway, I didn't know I broke the belt to the water pump until I smelt
smoke and the motor stalled. I let it cool off a little and idled to
shore. The next day I put on new belts and it ran fine except now I
have a water coming in from someplace. I had to run the bildge
constantly, ANy ideas? COuld I have melted a hose? I looked around but
couldn't see any bad hoses.

THanks for the help.

.... in addition to the previous mention of a cracked block, you could
have blown a head gasket, or warped a head. Time for a qualified
"checkup".
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats