BoatBanter.com

-   -   Steering Adjustment on Sugar Sand Tango (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/5271-steering-adjustment-sugar-sand-tango.html)

Lucas Stark June 28th 04 04:18 PM

Steering Adjustment on Sugar Sand Tango

I am looking at purchasing a 1998 Sugar Sands Tango. The boat is in
beautiful condition, and after a test drive I fell in love with it.

The only problem that I foresee is the boat seems to pull to the
right. I tested the boat in a river, and I found it difficult to keep
the boat in a straight line. I am not sure if this type of very
touchy steering is a characteristic of jet boat performance, or if
there is an adjustment on the steering control.

My question is,

How can I adjust the steering on this jet boat to compensate for a
pull to the right?

-- Lucas --

Larry Hill June 29th 04 01:34 AM

Steering Adjustment on Sugar Sand Tango

I tested the boat in a river, and I found it difficult to keep
the boat in a straight line.

How was the load in the boat distributed? i Had the same problem with My 98
Tango and ended up putting about 100#s of sand in 2 bags up front.Tracked
straight and stopped the porpassing(spelling) also.

Loved that boat
Larry Hill

Lucas Stark June 30th 04 01:29 PM

Steering Adjustment on Sugar Sand Tango

How was the load in the boat distributed? i Had the same problem with My 98
Tango and ended up putting about 100#s of sand in 2 bags up front.Tracked
straight and stopped the porpassing(spelling) also.

I made an error in my post. The boat was steering to the left. After
reading your response I realized my problem may have been due to the
current owner of the boat sitting in the left rear facing seat. He
was a heavier guy, and the pull was quite noticable. Although, it
seems that my weight on the right should have compensated for this?

Also, where did you stoe the sand bags. As I have yet to receive my
boat, I am not sure how the storage configuration is set up in the
front of the boat.

Larry Hill June 30th 04 08:03 PM

Steering Adjustment on Sugar Sand Tango

Also, where did you stoe the sand bags. As I have yet to receive my
boat, I am not sure how the storage configuration is set up in the
front of the boat.

There are hatches up front...1 in the bow and 1 each on the portside and 1 on
the starboard side under the seats.
Larry Hill