BoatBanter.com

-   -   If you post non boating (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/5239-if-you-post-non-boating.html)

Florida Keyz June 26th 04 03:18 AM

If you post non boating

your just simply stupid, and posibly illiterate!

Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam June 26th 04 03:26 AM

If you post non boating

On 26 Jun 2004 02:18:07 GMT, something compelled
(Florida Keyz), to say:

your just simply stupid, and posibly illiterate!

That's:

You're just simply stupid, and possible illiterate. It could be
that you can't tell the differences here, so:

The first word in a sentence is capitalized.
"You're" is a contraction for "you are". "Your" designates
ownership, like "your dog," or "your tiny penis".
"Posibly" is misspelled.

Maybe this passes for literate English in Florida. Fortunately,
higher standards exist elsewhere.

IBNFSHN June 26th 04 02:40 PM

If you post non boating

Hey! When did we get an English teacher for a moderator? ROTFLMAO

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

Florida Keyz June 27th 04 12:26 AM

If you post non boating

you guys fall for it each and every time.,, sheesh.

Jim June 27th 04 02:50 AM

If you post non boating

Florida Keyz wrote:
your just simply stupid, and posibly illiterate!

1) I remember your post about liberals ruining "your" country by tearing
down "your president".
2) Your use of "your" instead of "you're" (contraction of you are) shows
a level of illiteracy.

So it's the pot calling the kettle black, twice in one sentence. Not
everyone can do that.

Charles T. Low June 27th 04 11:41 AM

If you post non boating

FK,

Good point, and so to bring the topic back to boating, I would like to say
that I support some form of mandatory boater training. I hadn't occurred to
me before that it should include some training and assessment of written
communication skills, for which, however, you make a very good case. Well
done.

Or was that an incomplete sentence, and you pressed "Send" before finishing?
As in, "Your just simply stupid and possibly illiterate fellow rec.boats
participants should feel thankful to have someone like me [you] around."

====

Charles T. Low
- remove "UN"
www.boatdocking.com/BDPhoto.html - Photo Contest
www.boatdocking.com
www.ctlow.ca/Trojan26 - my boat

====

Florida Keyz June 27th 04 12:19 PM

OT: If you post non boating

I have to admit, It makes me laugh to see how anal some of the OT posters are.

One guy went to the trouble of looking up words of one of my posts and typing
out the definitions, IN FULL!

They are so predictabe it reminds me of grade school!

In all my years in the boating community, I have NEVER ran into anyone with
these characteristics. I find real boater friendly, smart, and will go out of
their way to help a fellow boater. These OT"s, go out of their way to show how
rude they are. It's there kick.

Maybe they should try boating, might change their life for the better.(just
hopefully not down here)
:-)