BoatBanter.com

-   -   Using a propulse composite on a Alpha 1 outdrive (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/516-using-propulse-composite-alpha-1-outdrive.html)

Bob D. August 4th 03 09:23 PM

Using a propulse composite on a Alpha 1 outdrive

I bought a propulse composite prop for my alpha 1 outdrive. The
directions were terse and the kit did not come with a thrust washer, nor
did the directions mention what thrust washer to use with their
product. When I use the stock mercruiser thrust washer, the aft end of
the prop stick out over the prop shaft splines. Without a thrust washer,
the unit fits over the splines perfectly.

I'm not looking for a debate over the general merits of pitfalls in my
choice of props material, I was just wondering if anyone out there has
put a propulse prop on an Alpha 1 outdrive. If so in addition to their
overall opinion of the prop, I was looking to figure out what type of
thrust washer, if any is required. Additionally I am curious why
propulse only fits Alpha/Brovos newer than 1986.

The english portion of the propulse website is hosed. I've emailed
but have not gotten a response. Any help would be
appreciated.

Bob Dimond

Randy August 7th 03 02:44 AM

Using a propulse composite on a Alpha 1 outdrive

I don't have this particular prop, but my composite Piranha prop does not
require a thrust washer. The hub has one built in. Maybe yours is the
same????