BoatBanter.com

-   -   Life jackets (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/5018-life-jackets.html)

Jay June 11th 04 01:10 AM

Life jackets

Can anyone recommend a good life jacket product line .. that's not too
bulky, and comfortable.. ideal for water skiing/ski tubing?

Preferably something under like, 60 bucks....

Stanley Barthfarkle June 11th 04 02:13 AM

Life jackets

We bought our Body Glove jackets at Bass Pro Shops web site for between
$60-80, and got a spare Stearns neoprene zip-up vest at Wal-Mart for about
$40. The quality in both is comparable- I actually wish we'd spotted the
Stearns jackets first- could've saved some cash.

trainfan1 June 11th 04 03:49 AM

Life jackets

Jay wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good life jacket product line .. that's not too
bulky, and comfortable.. ideal for water skiing/ski tubing?

Preferably something under like, 60 bucks....

Stearns is fine - we have had excellent results from Overton's and Ski
Limited's own branded jackets too...

We also have a bunch of old Ensolite jackets and "ski belts" that used
to be state of the art... can't bring myself to toss them out though...
the belts will make some nice "retro" pics some day if we break out the
old Lund "Outboard", Blitz, or Northland "planks"... or the Warren
Witherell slalom!

Rob

Bill June 11th 04 10:59 PM

Life jackets

Jobe neoprene vests are available at Costco for $39.99.
-
Bill

Mickey June 12th 04 05:50 AM

Life jackets

I have a XXL Jobe neoprene vest from Costco and love it!

When I told a kid that I wakeboarded he asked me what tricks I do... Hell at
47 isn't just getting up on the thing enough of a trick?

Mick
om...

1900 June 13th 04 06:12 AM

Life jackets

"trainfan1" wrote in message
We also have a bunch of old Ensolite jackets and "ski belts" that used
to be state of the art...

Rob

I wish I still had my old ski belts...those were cool....the ski vests
worked pretty well too!