Garrison Hilliard

Default Be on the lookout for a smiling blue fish

Fish signs to mark stream crossings

The Enquirer

Be on the lookout for a smiling blue fish.

Signs featuring such a logo will appear at 33 local stream crossings this month
across Greater Cincinnati.

The first goes up Wednesday at the Anderson Ferry Road crossing of Wolff Run in
Delhi Township.

The distinctive blue fish signs are part of an effort by the Mill Creek
Watershed Council of Communities to make people aware of and appreciate the
importance of streams.

Signs will be installed by local governments and volunteers at the following 19
communities in the Mill Creek, Great Miami and Ohio River watersheds in Hamilton
and Butler counties: Arlington Heights, Delhi Township, Elmwood Place, Evendale,
Fairfield, Green Township, Hanover Township, Lemon Township, Liberty Township,
Lockland, Madison Township, Millville, Reading, Ross Township, Sharonville,
Springdale, Springfield Township, West Chester Township, and Woodlawn.

Last year, the council said, watershed signs were installed at more than 130
stream crossings in Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana.
For more information: www.projectsigns.info.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...509250421/1056

Oci-One Kanubi

Every time I approach a bridge I look for the sign identifying the
watercourse, then if no-one is following closely behind me I slow down
and drive as close to the railing as possible -- often crossing that
confounded white line onto a designated "shoulder" -- to peer down at
the stream.

I HATE it when I'm in a state or county that doesn't put up those
signs, making me wonder what stream that was.

As for "what they are trying to accomplish", I think they are trying to
make people aware of and appreciate the importance of streams.

-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty
Richard Hopley Winston-Salem, NC, USA
.. rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net
.. Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll
.. rhopley[at]wfubmc[dot]edu
.. OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters

greg wrote:
[...]

Environment - Aquacultural effluent (Wash. Post) Frederick Burroughs General 0 January 25th 05 01:05 AM
OT Mercury in fish basskisser General 1 August 4th 04 06:01 PM
Fish finder/depth finder David General 5 May 30th 04 09:47 PM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 07:24 AM
The problem with these off-topic, political threads... Joe Parsons General 99 September 10th 03 04:42 AM