BoatBanter.com

-   -   Overheating problem update, 60 merc 4 stroke (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4884-overheating-problem-update-60-merc-4-stroke.html)

Greg June 3rd 04 05:39 AM

Overheating problem update, 60 merc 4 stroke

A while ago I posted a note about my overheating problem.
2002 60 HP 4 stroke with 650 hours.
Recap is that it was overheating at anything over 4000 RPM, there was low water
pressure that was in the 2 PSI range after the thermostat opened.
The fix was a bad grommet at the base of the power head where the water tube
connects to the block.
Rick at Walcott Marine (Bonita Springs Fla) figured this one out.