BoatBanter.com

-   -   Trawlers and Slow boats group (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/48809-trawlers-slow-boats-group.html)

boater435 September 22nd 05 03:14 PM

Thanks Doug, I didn't find trawlers and trawlering. What is usenet? Is
this another place for group discussion? I got an email from them at
one point, but haven't been on a web site. One thing I am definitely
hoping to avoid is the free for all. I noticed some right wing left
wing stuff and insults to each other. I would like to avoid that. Paul,

Peter Bennett September 22nd 05 04:16 PM

On 22 Sep 2005 04:34:14 -0700, "boater435"
wrote:

Anyone interested in joining type trawlers in the top search bar not
the one within this group.

*What* "top search bar"?

My newsreader (Forte Agent) doesn't have any search bar. If you
expect people to use your new group, you will have to give clear and
explicit directions on how to get to it.

(However, I'll stay with the Trawlers and Trawlering mailing list.)

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Floyd September 22nd 05 04:32 PM

Anyone interested in joining type trawlers in the top search bar not
the one within this group.

*What* "top search bar"?

My newsreader (Forte Agent) doesn't have any search bar. If you
expect people to use your new group, you will have to give clear and
explicit directions on how to get to it.

Maybe this link will work:
http://groups.google.com/group/Trawl...?lnk=srg&hl=en

[email protected] September 22nd 05 04:57 PM

*What* "top search bar"?

It is unique to "Google Groups".

DSK September 22nd 05 07:56 PM

boater435 wrote:
Thanks Doug, I didn't find trawlers and trawlering. What is usenet? Is
this another place for group discussion?

You're on it right now. Sort of like the old text based bulletin boards
of yore.

... One thing I am definitely
hoping to avoid is the free for all. I noticed some right wing left
wing stuff and insults to each other. I would like to avoid that.

It's pretty easy to filter out.

DSK

boater435 September 23rd 05 12:25 PM

Sorry, I'm only working with Google Groups I didn't know this
interfaces with other groups.

http://groups.google.com/group/Trawl...?lnk=srg&hl=en

Paul