BoatBanter.com

-   -   Mercuiser Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifold & Elbow Question? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4828-mercuiser-ceramic-coated-exhaust-manifold-elbow-question.html)

Tommy M May 30th 04 07:58 PM

Mercuiser Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifold & Elbow Question?

I am the original owner of a 1998 boat with a 5.7 250HP Mercuiser I/O
(6.5 years old now). The 1998 Mecruiser brochure I got with the boat
says that this motor has ceramic coated exhaust mainfolds and elbows.

The boat has 320 hours on it and has been fresh water flushed
religously after salt water use and stored on a lift out of the water.

There are no signs around the riser/manifold gasket of leakage and the
spark plugs and oil are clean.

Does anyone here know how much time these ceramic coated exhaust parts
should be good for?

Thank you

John H May 31st 04 01:48 AM

On 30 May 2004 11:58:15 -0700, (Tommy M) wrote:

I am the original owner of a 1998 boat with a 5.7 250HP Mercuiser I/O
(6.5 years old now). The 1998 Mecruiser brochure I got with the boat
says that this motor has ceramic coated exhaust mainfolds and elbows.

The boat has 320 hours on it and has been fresh water flushed
religously after salt water use and stored on a lift out of the water.

There are no signs around the riser/manifold gasket of leakage and the
spark plugs and oil are clean.

Does anyone here know how much time these ceramic coated exhaust parts
should be good for?

Thank you

Tommy, mine have been on the boat since new, a 1997. I've had them maganafluxed
(sp) once, about two years ago, and they were in good shape then - no cracks or
leaks. I plan to replace them at the end of this season. I use mine in the
Chesapeake Bay and flush them after each trip. Mine have about 390 hours on them
now.

Mine were not ceramic coated, unless all the coating had worn off.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!