BoatBanter.com

-   -   New Boat Service (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/46632-new-boat-service.html)

Genius? Not! July 26th 05 06:31 AM

New Boat Service

I'm taking my new boat in for a 20 hour service.
Should I have them change the fluids while they have it or should I change
the fluids later per the manual?
How often do you change fluids?
Anything I should pay attention to at 20 hours?

William Andersen July 26th 05 06:37 AM

Since it's a new boat, it has a warranty. I'd let the dealer do the service
while the warranty is in effect.
My dealer checked everything at 20 hours: their 100 hour/annual service
checklist is two pages long, including alignment.
You should have an Owner's Handbook - mine is generic for several models -
that lists recommended services and intervals.
Oil, filters, lubricants are cheap insurance. Don't forget to check you
wheel bearings, too.

. ..

tony thomas July 30th 05 10:49 PM

Have them change the oil and lower unit oil. That way you know if there is
any problem w/ water/metal.

--
Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com