BoatBanter.com

-   -   98 Yamaha quits from idle to full throttle (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/46610-98-yamaha-quits-idle-full-throttle.html)

Hammer July 25th 05 06:45 PM

98 Yamaha quits from idle to full throttle

Problem: The engine will quit during the transition from idle to full
throttle.
Engine: Yamaha 98 P200TLRW with Carburetors
Throttle: Hot Foot and Hand throttle for shifting
Boat: 19ft. bass boat

The engine runs very well at idle and great during full throttle. When
I put the hand throttle in gear the engine quits. Sometimes when I rev
the engine from idle to a higher RPM with the Hot Foot, it will quit.
To get it pass the transition from idle to full throttle, I have to
keep the RPMs up to high, so I am damaging the transmission. I have
replaced the spark plugs, put an in-line fuel filter, put carburetor
cleaner in the fuel, and spayed carburetor cleaner in the carburetor
bowls. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, what is causing the
problem and how do you fix it.