Mr Wizzard

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"HarryKrause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
China June trade surplus swells five-fold
Monday July 11, 8:43 AM EDT

The multinational corporations who control
our government ain't gonna give up their best source for cheap/slave
labor and the incredible profits they make on manufactured goods
produced by people who make dick for a living.

And this is a "bad" thing ?? Cheap goods and profits
for said corporations means cheap goods/profits for
the average person. With rising taxes, and cost of oil,
its refreshing to know that some things are getting
cheaper which helps offset rising costs of oil, etc.
When the *flow* of dollars goes up, so does our
economy, and everyone wins (including the big-bad
corporations). Remember, the 'big-bad' corporations
are made up of regular ordinary people like you & me.

--
If it is Bad for Bush,
It is Good for the United States.

Mr Wizzard

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...
This is more than US vs. China. Japan, Europe, and Canada are joining
the
US in our displeasure with the unfair trade practices being committed

by
China. Today's data will bring this issue to the forefront...and it
won't
be long before the "T" word (tariffs) becomes all the talk in the

Capitol
and on the news. Just watch.

Please leave Canada out of your rant. Canada enjoys it's trading
status
with China.
Please read the statement from one of Canada's experts on Foreign Trade.

Like it or not Canada is a pawn in the world of trade.

But that's their choice, right ?

Mr Wizzard

"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:

This is more than US vs. China. Japan, Europe, and Canada are joining
the
US in our displeasure with the unfair trade practices being committed

by
China. Today's data will bring this issue to the forefront...and it
won't
be long before the "T" word (tariffs) becomes all the talk in the

Capitol
and on the news. Just watch.

That's odd, I thought that Republicans praise the mantra of government
not getting involved in private business practices.

It must be tough living in the black and white world of yours Kevin.

Time for you to see the Wizard.

You rang ?

thunder

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:09:54 -0400, NOYB wrote:

I see China benefitting from our trade relationship, but I don't see the
U.S. benefitting...particularly in the long run. Sure, in the short term
we have cheap toasters and microwaves available at Wal-Mart...but we've
lost tens of thousand of manufacturing jobs in the process. The advocates
of free trade with China claim that it will open up a huge market (1.6
billion Chinese) for U.S. products...but does anybody really believe that
the Chinese will completely open their markets to foreign
products...particularly once they start building commercial airplanes,
etc.? I don't.

Hey, I didn't say I agreed with the Global Market theories. It seems to
me we are giving it away, but closing the door now is a little late and it
isn't just China. This has been going on for several decades. Look, I'm
an American and I believe in the Red, White and Blue. Multinationals with
free flowing capital only fly the $green$ flag.

The Chinese have waged economic warfare on the U.S. for the past decade,
and we haven't even started to fight back.

Fight back? Hell, we are the reason China is an economic powerhouse.
Before Nixon's visit, China was a Third World country. We opened the
door. We encouraged capital to go to China. Perhaps, we were a little
too successful.

Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"HarryKrause" wrote in message

Real Name wrote:

Wow, the picture I saw of your driveway was only about 30' to the road.
Did you driveway get it's master degree at Yale?

The photo was not shot with a 50 or 55 mm lens or equivalent.
It is 60' from the outside edge of my garage floor to the end of the part
of the drive where the boat is sitting, and 110' feet from the driveway
under the stern of the boat to my private road and another 30' feet of my
private road, which I also paved to a little traffic circle where the
county road ends. That's a bit over 200'.

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

Careful...those are Canadian lyrics by a Canadian singer...

Don, you have a real inferiority complex. You should seek professional help.

Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:23:47 -0400, NOYB wrote:

Mutually Assured Destruction with economics instead of nukes? Sounds
like
we're in the second Cold War already.

LOL Pretty close to it. Although the whole theory of a "Global Market"
is that trading partners would have less antagonisms, not more. Still,
it
seems to be working. Who knows what our relations would be like with
China these past thirty years? Since Nixon went to Bejing they have
seemed relatively peaceful.

Trading partners? China is trying to take over the world and they have
chosen to do it economically. China's businesses are not independent from
government oversight and control.

We are in a hot economic war with China.

If that's the case, you're getting your ass whupped daily.

What would you do, Don, get your ass whipped trying or just stand around
with you thumb up your ass.

*JimH*

"Don White" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message

[...]

Bert, Don has nothing to offer here but to follow Harry and validate
everything he says or to try and defend Canada as he is doing here. I
cannot ever recall him posting on topic about boating. Best to ignore him.

"Don White" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message

[...]

Bert, JimH has nothing to offer here but following JohnH and validate
everything he says or to try and defend Fritz. I cannot recall him
posting on topic about boating. Best to ignore him.

DSK

*JimH* wrote:
Bert, Don has nothing to offer here but to follow Harry and validate
everything he says or to try and defend Canada as he is doing here. I
cannot ever recall him posting on topic about boating. Best to ignore him.

You mean that Bert never posts about boats? Don certainly does, but you
didn't notice because you don't pay attention.

DSK

More Liberal Illogic Joe ASA 6 June 3rd 04 04:33 PM
O.T. More interesting stuff RGrew176 General 13 March 3rd 04 01:37 AM
OT- Reclassifieing fast food jobs as manufacturing jobs Jim General 16 February 26th 04 04:38 PM
boat thieves back in busiess insurance results Capt Frank Hopkins General 58 February 11th 04 11:58 PM