BoatBanter.com

-   -   Location of 2012 whitewater coarse (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/45907-location-2012-whitewater-coarse.html)

Drew Cutter July 7th 05 12:35 AM

Location of 2012 whitewater coarse

Any body know where the 2012 Olympic whitewater coarse is planning to be
located ?

John Kuthe July 7th 05 01:24 AM

Drew Cutter wrote:

Any body know where the 2012 Olympic whitewater coarse is planning to be
located ?

Someplace in or near London, I'll bet!

Assuming we get one! (Hopefully!)

John Kuthe...

Drew Cutter July 7th 05 02:02 AM

I'm looking forward to finding out. I would of thought that in order to
get the bid that the location of whitewater event would have been in
place. I know that the new whitewater park in Maryland was suppose to
help new york get the bid. What is currently available in England for
slalom races ,etc ?

[email protected] July 7th 05 02:45 PM

Drew Cutter wrote:

I'm looking forward to finding out. I would of thought that in order to
get the bid that the location of whitewater event would have been in
place. I know that the new whitewater park in Maryland was suppose to
help new york get the bid. What is currently available in England for
slalom races ,etc ?

Don't know why you would think that. Atlanta, Sydney, and Athens all
built WW courses after they got the bid. I don't remember when the
Barcelona course was built.

As for near London, the Ocoee course is about 2.5 hours from Atlanta,
in another state. Yachting was 4 hours away in Savannah.

There is already a WW course in Nottingham that could be used. It has
hosted international competitions--World Cup, etc--many times.
Nottingham is maybe 150 miles from London.

Steve