BoatBanter.com

-   -   Looking from advice from CS 27 sailors - Are they underpowered? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/45621-looking-advice-cs-27-sailors-they-underpowered.html)

TheKingBee June 30th 05 03:01 AM

Looking from advice from CS 27 sailors - Are they underpowered?

I am looking to buy a late 70's CS27 and am looking for some advice from
current owners. I have heard that the 8hp Yanmar Single Cylinder is ok on
flat water, however it struggles when faced with wind and waves. Thanks!

TheKingBee June 30th 05 01:54 PM

I am intending on sailing it, however I would like the security of knowing
that in a blow when I need to drop the sails and run for cover, I can.
"Red Cloud®" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:01:13 -0400, "TheKingBee"

wrote:

I am looking to buy a late 70's CS27 and am looking for some advice from
current owners. I have heard that the 8hp Yanmar Single Cylinder is ok on
flat water, however it struggles when faced with wind and waves. Thanks!

Fortunately, it is a sailboat, and not a motorboat!

rusty redcloud