BoatBanter.com

-   -   Is beheading worse than... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4529-re-beheading-worse-than.html)

Tuuk May 13th 04 02:06 PM

Is beheading worse than...

No, not at all Harry,
This latest incident reveals exactly what the world (not just Americans of
which you are) is trying to do. It is shocking to hear you defend these
people Harry and put
your own leader down. I just saw the entire video of the beheading, you came
to mind. You and the deadly disease over there that the U.S. must stop. You
Harry, as soon as I saw that poor American held down and screaming I thought
of You Harry. You and your persistent attempts to let those killers live.
You keep saying the U.S. should clean up and drag themselves home with their
tail between their legs, but you would be leaving the same killers alive and
continuing to kill innocent people. Have you seen the complete video there
Harry? Were you cheering the same chant they were? "God is good" tell me
there Harry,, were you applauding when they held the head of the poor
American? Were you shouting and putting down Bush along with them? Not only
are you a liar Harry,, your also a sick human.

Go ahead Harry,,, fling some mud back,,, what are your latest insults
towards me, dementia? That is pretty good one Harry. Harry, why don't you go
to the parents of that young man who had his head cut off, tell them how
much you hate Bush and you want all Americans to return and leave the
disease of killers still alive and actively growing. What are you Harry?
Some kind of a coward?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...hanging...

...electrocution...

...firing squad...

...lethal injection...

When you've been murdered or executed, you're dead.

The fact that a murderer, be it an individual, a gang of terrorists, or
the States of Texas, Florida, or Virginia, use different methods doesn't
change the act much.

In some of the Arab world, severe punishment involves cutting off of
limbs or even beheading. Beheadings were common in France during the
18th Century, and were also commonly used as the ultimate punishment in
England in an earlier time. Mary Stuart was beheaded. In the United
States, innocents were burned at the stake. And, until about 60 years
ago, blacks were lynched publicly, photos were taken of the events, and
postcards were made of the photos.

While the videotaped murder of Berg was horrific and gruesome, how was
that act different from any other murder or execution? The result was
the same: death.

Is there a "nice" way to kill someone? Are we offended more by the
method of Berg's death, or his death itself? Are we upset because the
terrorists brought a grisly murder right into our living rooms? Why
aren't we as upset with with thousands of gun murders in this country
each year? Would we be if we got to watch some of them?

jps May 13th 04 05:01 PM

Is beheading worse than...

In article ,
says...

Is there a "nice" way to kill someone?

Yes, a 500 lb. cluster bomb is a nice way because, like nicely packaged
beef steaks, we don't have any connection to the real events.

How many innocent Iraqis fathers, mothers and children have died in
order for us to "liberate" their country? Thousands upon thousands.

jps

Gould 0738 May 13th 04 05:47 PM

Is beheading worse than...

My fellow liberals are reaching way out there on this one.

The difference between an execution in Texas and a beheading in Iraq is a trial
by a jury of peers and the protection afforded by civil law. In Texas, there is
something of an appeals process available so that the condemned can make a
legal attempt to
save his/her life and the court system will review the trial to sure that the
conviction was legal and proper (by Texas standards): a different consideration
than whether the punishment is humane and/or appropriate.

Civilized people conduct a *legal* trial before an execution, or formally
declare war. Once war is declared, a civilized force attempts to avoid killing
or harming
non-combatants. One test of a civilized society is the amount of stress it can
endure before principles are abandoned and the rule of law evaporates.

We are more moved by the death of one young man, shown on a graphic snuff film,
than by the deaths of the 750 plus Americans and thousands of Iraqis so far in
this thing. That is normal. He is no less dead than any of the others, but the
criminal terrorist *******s who murdered him in cold blood understood a
fundamental aspect of their deed. Giving the victim a name, a face, a hometown,
relatives, etc in those few seconds before they butchered him makes him
identifiable as a son, a nephew, the kid next door, etc.
In the aggregate American public consciousness,
Berg is far more dead than any 1/750th of the military dead so far.

The individuals responsible for the murder should be hunted down, arrested, and
punished according to the prevailing local laws. Only one of the wretched,
snivelling cowards identified himself on the tape, but that's a place to start.
They have a few methods of execution in the Arab world that would make hanging,
firing squad, or lethal injection seem almost humane in comparison. And most
likely a helluva lot less appeal availble in Iraq than in Texas.

Harry Krause May 13th 04 06:07 PM

Is beheading worse than...

Gould 0738 wrote:

My fellow liberals are reaching way out there on this one.

The difference between an execution in Texas and a beheading in Iraq is a trial
by a jury of peers and the protection afforded by civil law. In Texas, there is
something of an appeals process available so that the condemned can make a
legal attempt to
save his/her life and the court system will review the trial to sure that the
conviction was legal and proper (by Texas standards): a different consideration
than whether the punishment is humane and/or appropriate.

Ahhh...by Texas standards. Yes, I will admit: Texas standards are one
rung up on the ladder from Iraqi standards.

Dave Hall May 13th 04 06:34 PM

Is beheading worse than...

On 13 May 2004 16:47:53 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

My fellow liberals are reaching way out there on this one.

That's the difference between a true ideological liberal and a
still-smarting-from-election-2000-get-Bush-out-by-any-means-
no-matter-how-intellectually-dishonest-or-morally-bankrupt political
pundit.

It's truly saddening when political considerations drive these people
to make such hay from a bunch of staged psychological interrogation
pictures, while atrocities such as the killing and hanging of U.S.
servicemen gets relegated to the back pages, and the even more
disturbing excuses and rationalizations given to lessen the impact and
deflect responsibility for the Berg killing.

Righteous indignation is one thing. But to be so transparently slanted
and selective when this R.I. is applied is truly sad........

Dave

John Smith May 13th 04 07:45 PM

Is beheading worse than...

Gould,
You seem to be one of the few wise political pundits in rec.boats. Most
sides want to assume that everything my side does is good, and everything
your side does is bad. It is nice to see someone who can look beyond trying
to making political gains on every current event. The one sided politics
that is the norm in rec.boats (and with many politicians) does nothing to
correct any of the problems we face and just alienates the average voter.

Greg May 13th 04 07:48 PM

Is beheading worse than...

Beheading is worse than having your picture taken with panties on your head.
THAT is the point.

As far as I am concerned, we could pull out and nuke those *******s from orbit.

jps May 14th 04 04:45 AM

Is beheading worse than...

In article unPoc.41664$536.7345839@attbi_s03,
says...
Gould,
You seem to be one of the few wise political pundits in rec.boats. Most
sides want to assume that everything my side does is good, and everything
your side does is bad. It is nice to see someone who can look beyond trying
to making political gains on every current event. The one sided politics
that is the norm in rec.boats (and with many politicians) does nothing to
correct any of the problems we face and just alienates the average voter.

Please don't bother assuming yourself a contemporary of Gould.

jps May 14th 04 04:50 AM

Is beheading worse than...

In article , gould0738
@aol.com says...

My fellow liberals are reaching way out there on this one.

Not me. Just want to know why a beheading is any less tragic or brutal
than dropping a 500 lb cluster bomb in an area containing "the enemy"
only to find that it also ripped apart an innocent mother, father,
sister, brother, grandma, grandpa, baby, etc.

Just because we don't see the brutality doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Americans just like the packaging better.

jps

jps May 14th 04 04:51 AM

Is beheading worse than...

In article ,
says...
Beheading is worse than having your picture taken with panties on your head.
THAT is the point.

As far as I am concerned, we could pull out and nuke those *******s from orbit.

That would destroy the oil wells.