BoatBanter.com

-   -   Antifouling A/C raw water systems (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/446-re-antifouling-c-raw-water-systems.html)

Larry July 31st 03 12:57 AM

Antifouling A/C raw water systems

On 2 Jul 2003 11:42:29 -0700, (HarryV) wrote:

I don't quite understand. The critters may not like the copper in the
strainer (i.e. be "repelled") but why aren't they still in there. They
can't get back out because of the incoming flow, can they?

HV

I suspect the current caused by the copper ionizing out into the
seacock keeps them at bay from getting near the seacock in the
firstplace.

Larry W4CSC

"No, NO, Mr Spock! I said beam me down a WRENCH,
not a WENCH! KIRK OUT!"