BoatBanter.com

-   -   Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen II production years? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4316-mercruiser-alpha-1-gen-ii-production-years.html)

Bob D. April 27th 04 08:33 PM

Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen II production years?

Does anyone have information on when the Alpha 1 Gen II was first intorduced?

I 'm looking for a lower unit for a 1988 Wellcraft 264 Antiqua and *I
thought* that would be a plain Alpha I. I thought the Gen two wasn't
introduced until after 1990, however, I've recently seen an avertisement
for an identical model/year boat claiming it has a generation two
outdrive.

Any help in this manner is appreciated.

Bob Dimond

Bob D. April 28th 04 07:59 PM

Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen II production years?

Thanks, Lawerence. I thought the gen II's cam later too. I don't know if
the guy selling an identical boat is mistaken or upgraded his transom
assembly to accomodate a Gen II.

Bob Dimond

Lawrence James April 29th 04 09:08 PM

Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen II production years?

I don't know for certain but I think you can install a gen two on original
transom assembly. I do know the cutout is the same. The upper and lower
are not interchangable with the originals though. Gen 2 lower only works
with a gen 2 upper.