BoatBanter.com

-   -   Need part for a Danforth Compass (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4165-need-part-danforth-compass.html)

Jon Klapper April 19th 04 01:25 AM

Need part for a Danforth Compass

Hello,

Can anyone direct me to a source for Danforth parts? I am in need of a
5" lexan compass dome. I've already tried the manufacturer and some
internet suppliers - no luck. Email me at:

Thanks

Jon Klapper

Wayne.B April 19th 04 05:28 PM

Need part for a Danforth Compass

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:25:06 GMT, (Jon
Klapper) wrote:
Can anyone direct me to a source for Danforth parts? I am in need of a
5" lexan compass dome. I've already tried the manufacturer and some
internet suppliers - no luck. Email me at:

============================

Try he

http://www.newyorknautical.com/

Tuuk April 19th 04 05:52 PM

Need part for a Danforth Compass

Where you located? I knew some electronic guys that do work for the St.
Lawrence Seaway in Southern Ontario. If you phone that company,they will
give you their names or how to reach them as they repair all their
navigational and electronics on the inland water ships. I have the Danforth
Corsair and it is a big old compass. The light on the dome developed a hole
or crack, I brought it to these guys, the replaced the dome, refilled the
fluids, it has a new light that is much better and now the compass is
beautiful. Now I just need a 60 foot plus sized boat to put it in.
Let me know if you have no success,, I can retrace my steps about 12 or 15
years ago when I did what you are doing. I was very happy with their work
and I think it was about 50 bucks for the work and parts.