BoatBanter.com

-   -   find place by co-oridinates? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4149-find-place-co-oridinates.html)

RichG April 18th 04 02:20 AM

find place by co-oridinates?

There MUST be a site on the net where I can put in co-ordinates and get a
map??? Isn't there?

I believe that I can put in a city, etc. and get it's co-ordinates, but I'd
like to do that in reverse. It doesn't have to name the city...just show me
a map. Any help appreciated.

RichG
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

John Gaquin April 18th 04 06:02 AM

find place by co-oridinates?

Try http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

John Gaquin April 18th 04 06:08 AM

find place by co-oridinates?

"RichG" wrote in message news:YJkgc.8730

BTW, Rich, it took all of about 2 minutes to come up with that site. Even
you could do it, with a little effort.

Jim April 18th 04 08:26 AM

find place by co-oridinates?

As John pointed out, mapquest will give you the maps. If you want
photos, check out:
http://www.terraserver.com/search/co...tes_search.asp

-JimL

RichG April 18th 04 01:33 PM

find place by co-oridinates?

John...
1.Thanks....
2. I've been using Mapquest for as long as I can remember. No where, on the
Mapquest page that I have been using,..is access to the lat/long site
shown??? Right after I read and tried your answer..I went right back to my
old Mapquest page and STILL couldn't find a link to the lat/long portion of
Mapquest????? I've put the lat/long Mapquest in my favorites and will be
able to use it, thanks to you.

Thanks for helping...

Wayne.B April 18th 04 04:31 PM

find place by co-oridinates?

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:20:56 GMT, "RichG"
wrote:
There MUST be a site on the net where I can put in co-ordinates and get a
map??? Isn't there?

==================================

http://tiger.census.gov/cgi-bin/mapbrowse-tbl

Good selection of options and lots of interesting census data
available also.

Wayne.B April 18th 04 04:36 PM

find place by co-oridinates?

wrote:

There MUST be a site on the net where I can put in co-ordinates and get a
map??? Isn't there?

===========================

This site is interesting also:

http://www.confluence.org/search.php

John Gaquin April 18th 04 05:58 PM

find place by co-oridinates?

"RichG" wrote in message news:sAugc.11101

2. I've been using Mapquest for as long as I can remember. No where, on

the
Mapquest page that I have been using,..is access to the lat/long site
shown???

I just did a google search for " latitude longitude search" and came up with
over a million hits. Two minutes of poking in the first 2 or 3 pages
yielded the mapquest site.

Snafu April 18th 04 06:40 PM

find place by co-oridinates?

For topographical maps, try this: http://www.topozone.com/viewmaps.asp

m...

RichG April 18th 04 06:51 PM

find place by co-oridinates?

Thanks for all of your very helpful replies.
I've added them to my favorites.
--
RichG