BoatBanter.com

-   -   Merc 4 Cylinder I/O Charging System Conversion? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/412-merc-4-cylinder-i-o-charging-system-conversion.html)

WBucha July 28th 03 11:13 PM

Merc 4 Cylinder I/O Charging System Conversion?

Hi All,
I have a friend with a Glastron and a Merc 4 cylinder I/O, The engine has the
crank mounted alternator.
The voltage regulator is fried, I think from loose wire connections.
I looked up the price on a new regulator and there is sticker shock at $375.00
list price and going rate is about $321.00.
I remember seeing about a conversion kit to install a external alternator,
anybody have that website?
Or is there any cheaper way to replace that OEM regulator.

Thanks
William

bomar July 28th 03 11:40 PM

Merc 4 Cylinder I/O Charging System Conversion?

You mean one of these?
http://tinyurl.com/ibze
It costs a lot of jack to get away from that brainstorm Mercury had....