BoatBanter.com

-   -   Changing oil (self) in 4-stroke outboard in water? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4103-changing-oil-self-4-stroke-outboard-water.html)

Seb April 14th 04 03:32 AM

Changing oil (self) in 4-stroke outboard in water?

Hi,

I have a 9.9 hp Honda 4-stroke motor on a 16' pontoon boat. There
isn't a marina on the lake. I wish to change the oil in the motor.
Does anyone have a link to sites with information about changing the
oil while the boat is in the water? Thanks!

Seb

Greg April 14th 04 04:06 AM

Changing oil (self) in 4-stroke outboard in water?

The only way I know is to use a dipstick pump. Be very careful that you do not
overfill it since you won't get all the old oil out.