Default Misnamed boat.......

Office of Public Affairs
U.S. Coast Guard Thirteenth District

Press Release Date: June 11, 2005
Contact: Petty Officer Mike Zolzer
206-220-7001

COAST GUARD RESCUES FIVE FROM SINKING BOAT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Five men were rescued by the Coast Guard after their
26-foot boat sank today 13 miles west of Ilwaco, Wash.

The operator of the Lotta Fun sent out a call for help on VHF Channel
16 at 8:45 a.m., which was received by Coast Guard Group/Air Station
Astoria, Ore.

An HH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Air Station Astoria and two 47-foot
motor lifeboats from Coast Guard Station Cape Disappointment, in
Ilwaco, Wash., were launched at about 9:15 a.m., to assist.

To futher assist the Coast Guard, the operator of the Lotta Fun fired
two distress flares, which aided the helicopter in locatig the boat.

The Lotta Fun sank at 9:26 a.m., forcing all five people aboard into
the water. Everyone aboard was wearing a life jacket when the boat
sank.

The helicopter arrived to the Lotta Fun and deployed a rescue swimmer
and safely rescued two people from the 48 degree water. A 47-foot motor
lifeboat rescued the other three people from the water. All five people
were taken to Station Cape Disappointment and were evaluated by
emergency medical technicians and releaed.

The cause of the sinking is still under investigation.

The Coast Guard would like to remind boaters that life jackets greatly
increase your chance of survival during a maritime accident. Boaters
should have a VHF FM marine radio, which is the best way to contact the
Coast Guard in the event of an emergency. Boaters should also ensure
they have unexpired flares and fire extinguishers onboard. If boaters
are unsure of what safety equipment they need, free vessel safety
checks are available from the Coast Guard Auxiliary by calling (877)
875-6296 , or by visiting www.USCGboating.org.

###

The U.S. Coast Guard is a military, maritime, multi-mission service
within the
Department of Homeland Security dedicated to protecting the safety and
security of America.

View this document online
U.S. Coast Guard - 13th District
13th District Public Information Site

*JimH*

Posting an obviously racist report here is not funny Chuck. As you know
only people of a certain racial background use the word "lotta" and own 26
foot boats. If you are not making fun of that you are obviously making fun
of all mentally disabled folks as this skipper obviously was.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I thought better of you.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Office of Public Affairs
U.S. Coast Guard Thirteenth District

Press Release Date: June 11, 2005
Contact: Petty Officer Mike Zolzer
206-220-7001

COAST GUARD RESCUES FIVE FROM SINKING BOAT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Five men were rescued by the Coast Guard after their
26-foot boat sank today 13 miles west of Ilwaco, Wash.

The operator of the Lotta Fun sent out a call for help on VHF Channel
16 at 8:45 a.m., which was received by Coast Guard Group/Air Station
Astoria, Ore.

Poor JimH.

Can't contribute anything about boating, as he isn't a boater. (was).

Is so desperate to contribute *anything* that he posts jokes that
wouldn't get more than a chuckle in an eight grade locker room. Skipper
used to do exactly the same thing.

Gets personally offended after another poster takes the "funny" ethnic
speech patterns (or speech impediment) ascribed to Mike Tyson in the
joke and says they also represent the way Rev. Jesse Jackson speaks and
a third poster comments that the thread has become a racist interlude.

Then determines to screw up any threads that might actually be about
boating by dragging his feigned, defensive, outrage around like a kid
towing a Radio Flyer.

Will he next start his own, specialized thread predicated on personal
attack as his like-minded fellow traveler did yesterday? Will he also
admit that he put "no effort" into thinking about the subject before
posting?

Take your crap back to the thread you started, JimH. It isn't relevant
in this one.

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...
Poor JimH.

Can't contribute anything about boating,

Actually my on topic posts are increasing and probably exceed yours.

........as he isn't a boater. (was).

I am still a boater. I just don't own a boat at present. I thought you
knew that.

Is so desperate to contribute *anything* that he snip the remaining
garbage

Chuck, don't you dare attribute the Jesse Jackson comment in my joke thread
to me.....that was someone else.....and you know it.

It looks like you have your shorts in a knot because folks have told you how
utterly ridiculous your racial stance was on a mild joke. Only one who is
a racist would call the joke racist, as you did.

I see you are back to the name calling....something you always get down on
others for.

Lighten up guy.

And take you ball and bat and run home to mommy like you normally do when
caught in a losing situation like this. And along the way look hard....you
may find a sense of humor. You need one.

Chuck, don't you dare attribute the Jesse Jackson comment in my joke
thread
to me.....that was someone else.....and you know it.

***************

ROFLMAO

The next statement in the "garbage" you snipped was

"Gets personally offended after another poster takes the "funny" ethnic

speech patterns (or speech impediment) ascribed to Mike Tyson in the
joke and says they also represent the way Rev. Jesse Jackson speaks and

a third poster comments that the thread has become a racist interlude"

Here's a tip for you, JimH. "Another poster" refers to a third party.
Please try to pay some sort of attention, if you can. I never
attributed the Jesse Jackson remark to you. But you knew that.
Wow, that nerve must have been really raw.

*JimH* wrote:
Posting an obviously racist report here is not funny Chuck. As you know
only people of a certain racial background use the word "lotta" and own 26
foot boats.

Really, what "racial background" IS that, Jim?

If you are not making fun of that you are obviously making fun
of all mentally disabled folks as this skipper obviously was.

What makes you think that the skipper was "mentally disabled", Jim?

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
Posting an obviously racist report here is not funny Chuck. As you know
only people of a certain racial background use the word "lotta" and own
26
foot boats.

Really, what "racial background" IS that, Jim?

If you are not making fun of that you are obviously making fun
of all mentally disabled folks as this skipper obviously was.

What makes you think that the skipper was "mentally disabled", Jim?

Another one right over your head Kevin.

What makes you think that the skipper was "mentally disabled", Jim?

Another one right over your head Kevin.

*******
This is what happens when you carry your little personal crusade from
thread to thread, JimH.
Many people choosing to read a thread about a boat have chosen to
ignore threads titled
"Chuck's hero loses....." (wasn't yours)....or "Fe-fi-fo", and they
won't have any idea what your rant is about. :-)