BoatBanter.com

-   -   can I use this product? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3882-can-i-use-product.html)

RB April 1st 04 07:20 PM

can I use this product?

I see Auto Zone, Advance, and others have a selection of gasoline water
absorbent/breakdown stuff. Some says words to the effect of "for 4 cycle
use".

I know Boat US and West Marine sell some that does state it's for 2 cycle
use. And, lo and behold, it's about double the price.

The question I have is twofold:

1. Can I use the stuff in my 2 cycle o/b that says "for 4 cycle use",
without harm?

2. Should I use only stuff that says "for two cycle use"?

Greg April 1st 04 08:12 PM

can I use this product?

A good water separator in your fuel line is a lot better investment.

Tuuk April 1st 04 10:16 PM

can I use this product?

Check that the ingredients are not methyl hydrate. this can actually make
your burn or flame blue and burn too hot.