BoatBanter.com

-   -   Replace rectifier on 1987 80 HP Mecury (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/38778-replace-rectifier-1987-80-hp-mecury.html)

[email protected] May 17th 05 09:33 PM

Replace rectifier on 1987 80 HP Mecury

can anyone help with some install instructions. or how to test the one
to see if it is bad?

Clams Canino May 18th 05 01:44 AM

If it's got three posts and a metal bottom ground. Use an ohm meter and
check for continuity one way but not the other from each of the stator poles
to both ground and then the BAT pole. So that's 8 readings total you need
to take and 4 of them should have continuity.

To self service an outboard, the manual you will need.

-W

oups.com...

Humboldt May 19th 05 08:03 AM

I just might have two manuals for that engine if you want to pay for the
shipping I'll send one to you as they are taking up space in my garage.

Good boating to all

Mick

oups.com...

Harry.Krause May 19th 05 07:29 PM

On 17 May 2005 13:33:48 -0700, wrote:

can anyone help with some install instructions. or how to test the one
to see if it is bad?

Use a 12v test light, and a humidor.

Me and the wife
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harkra...bum?.dir=/1323