BoatBanter.com

-   -   Funniest line of the day.......... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/38745-funniest-line-day.html)

[email protected] May 15th 05 05:15 AM

Funniest line of the day..........

Just after parading along the Seattle waterfront and while waiting for
scheduled starting times in the tugboat races, a group of 35 tugs was
drifting in a roughly assembled cluster. I was aboard "Clydesdale",
skippered by Capt. Rob Heay of Port Orchard. "Clydesdale" is a small
harbor tug, orginally built for assembling and towing log booms.
Compared to the class "A" and "unlimited" (tractor) tugs, "Clydesdale"
is a small boat.

Some of the Class "A" boats had 30-40 partiers aboard, with music
blaring and drinks a-pouring. One such party barge pulled up a few feet
from our beam and a liquored-up blonde woman looked at "Clydesdale" and
said, "Well, if that isn't just the cutest little thing!" Capt. Heay
replied, "You're cuter!" in a tone that embarassed her and sent her
staggering up the ladder to the Texas deck.

"You know," observed Capt. Rob, "I can think of two times when a man
doesn't want to hear a woman say, 'If that isn't just the cutest little
thing', and one of them is when she's talking about his tugboat!"

Shortwave Sportfishing May 15th 05 11:28 AM

On 14 May 2005 21:15:40 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Thank god it's never happened to me. :)

Later,

Tom

Glenn S. May 15th 05 02:32 PM

wrote:
[...]

or when they say "How about if we just cuddle?" :-)

--
G.D.Smith
Harpers Ferry, WV

FOR SALE: 2003 Swee****er 22' Pontoon Boat
http://icanhelp56.homestead.com/gs_pontoon01.html

FOR SALE: 1999 Fleetwood Mallard 37' Travel Trailer
http://icanhelp56.homestead.com/Mallard001.html

Bill McKee May 15th 05 06:33 PM

[...]

That's because you do not have a tugboat. ;)

Harry.Krause May 15th 05 07:30 PM

On 14 May 2005 21:15:40 -0700, wrote:

"You know," observed Capt. Rob, "I can think of two times when a man
doesn't want to hear a woman say, 'If that isn't just the cutest little
thing', and one of them is when she's talking about his tugboat!"

Har har har! Good one Chuckie! Har har har!
Me and the wife
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harkra...bum?.dir=/1323

L M May 17th 05 12:06 AM

"You know," observed Capt. Rob, "I can think of two times when a man
doesn't want to hear a woman say, 'If that isn't just the cutest little
thing', and one of them is when she's talking about his tugboat!"

"Who do you think you will please with that thing?" she said

The answer was

"Me"

:)