BoatBanter.com

-   -   '54 Cadillac aluminum boat info wanted (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3843-re-54-cadillac-aluminum-boat-info-wanted.html)

____m___~ΏΤ___m____ March 30th 04 04:43 AM

'54 Cadillac aluminum boat info wanted

Cindy wrote:

The attached picture is a 1954 aluminum Cadillac boat designed for and
used by the Civil Defense to patrol Lake Erie and the Great Lakes. It was
originally outfitted with a full canvas enclosure. It was also featured on
a Civil Defense recruiting poster. I am looking for any info on this boat
or any Cadillac Boat Company info.

The casting at the bow looks just like the piece that was on a 1958
"Alumacraft Deep C" that I owned many years ago. The boat was built as if
it was designed to last for centuries. I expect it is still being used
somewhere.

There is a picture of the bow of the boat of this era on this link. They may
have supplied the bow piece for the manufacturer.

http://www.alumacraft.com/company.html
--