BoatBanter.com

-   -   Block Island ferry: Quonset (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/383-block-island-ferry-quonset.html)

Al Lione July 27th 03 08:01 PM

Block Island ferry: Quonset

I'm looking for any information regarding the former Block Island Ferry "Quonset".
From what I've been able to find out, she was sold to Haiti in the 1984-1986 time
frame. I am hoping to confirm this, and find out the name of the ferry company she
was sold to. Does she have a new name now? Is she still in service? Unfortunately,
I also heard a rumor that she sank as a victim of one of the overcrowded ferries we
hear about from time to time. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Al Lione