Harry Krause

Default Dutch tall ship causes acute embarrassment

Donal wrote:

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...

"Donal" wrote in message

Europeans are surprised by the American reaction to a wooden tit. You
either react with horror, or you vote it into the office of President!

As our sons and daughters fight around the world to save your coward
asses, you all sit around worrying about who gets to see a wooden tit!

Why don't you tell the families of 200 dead Spaniards about your sons'
glorious efforts to make the world a safer place? Do think that you would
have the courage to explain it to one family? A six year old girl was taken
to school by her mother. The mother boarded a train. Six hours later, the
girl was picked up by her father.

Would you have the courage to face that little girl and explain that your
sons and daughters are making the world a safer place? I think that she
would scream and cry - and her father would probably spit on you.

Civil liberties are being eroded across the "free" world as a result of
Bush's inability to differentiate between a religious fanatic (bin Laden),
and a despotic *secular* leader (Saddam).

Regards

Donal
--

Geroge W. Bush is the greatest recruiter for terrorism the world has
ever seen.
Paul Schilter

Jake,
I don't recommend that people get married these days until at least 25
let alone have children before. But I find it interesting that in reading a
lot of books about American Indian culture, when a girl had her first period
she was considered a woman and frequently married and had kids. Perhaps they
were a lot more mature for their time and place.
Paul

"Jake" wrote in message

snipped

All of the shows on TV do nothing but emphasize sex. Children are
having babies in their early teens because of this constant influence.

snipped

Jake

I agree. The maturity level of the two generations you describe is vastly
different. Considering that one of the most difficult choices children in
their early teens have these days is what video game to play, I think it
would be comparing apples and oranges to the children of days past.
Besides, the average lifespan in those days was 30-35 years. A 13-15 year
old girl could be considered middle-age...!!!

"Jake" wrote in message

snipped

All of the shows on TV do nothing but emphasize sex. Children are
having babies in their early teens because of this constant influence.

snipped

Jeff Morris

In a variety of cultures where marriages were arranged, it was not uncommon for
the bride to 11 or 12 years old, or even younger. This, however, didn't mean
she was ready to become a fulltime housewife. I've heard descriptions of the
village "child-brides" playing the same games they played before marriage. Of
course, I'm sure things went downhill after they started having children.

"Jake" wrote in message

snipped

All of the shows on TV do nothing but emphasize sex. Children are
having babies in their early teens because of this constant influence.

snipped

Jørgen Andreas Bangor

Jeff Morris:

| In a variety of cultures where marriages were arranged, it was not
| uncommon for the bride to 11 or 12 years old, or even younger. This,
| however, didn't mean she was ready to become a fulltime housewife.
| I've heard descriptions of the village "child-brides" playing the same
| games they played before marriage. Of course, I'm sure things went
| downhill after they started having children.

Yeah... imagine playing hide-and-seek with a toddler following you
everywhere.

BTW, just to get this slightly on-topic again, I remember a story
about a British tall-ship being sold to Norway about a hundred
years ago. The new owners wanted to name her after a politician
(who was male, of course, as they usually were at that time). The
owners' representative in England checked the ship, and sent them
a telegram: "Name wrong. Lady in front."

Jørgen

Capt.American

DSK wrote in message .. .
"Backyard Renegade" wrote
Irrelevant,
but I guess you sounded good to yourself.

Jeff Morris wrote:
So are you claiming that statues, figureheads, and other artwork should be
covered because you find it offensive?
...(snip)... Do you want your children's teachers to tell them
that such things are offensive and should be avoided? Frankly, reading your
posts I have no idea what you are saying, except you seem offended by something.

** ** a relevant joke ** **

Dear Dr. Laura...

On her US radio show recently, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an
observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to
Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The
following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident,
which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I
have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge
with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the
homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22
clearly states it to be an abomination. ... End of debate. I do need some
advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Law
and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They
claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

No Let them bring the A1 sauce.

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price
for her?

Heathen, No person should be sold into slavery.

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how
do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

The nose knows!

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of
mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you
clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

They are un-cleanly. Stick to mexicans.

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally
obligated to kill him myself?

No. But suggest that he take a day off, that will do.

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I
don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

Yes! Tell me o holy one. Which is more abominal
To swallow a salty oyster. Or to swallow a salty load?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have
a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does
my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Think moral, not literial.

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by
Lev.19:27. How should they die?

No. Use baptist sizzors and it's OK.

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

Just take a bath a couple of time a week and you should be OK.

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made
of two different kinds of thread (cotton/poly). He also tends to curse
and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the
trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?

Yes it is. If the whole town feels that it is right to stone him,
then go ahead! Hopefully someone will object!

- Lev.24:10-16.
Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do
with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Feel free! Just put it on the Jerry Springer Show!

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy
considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.
Thank
you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,

God's going to get ya for that one Tougboat!

Charles

Harry Krause wrote:

Your president is a dumb, cowardly, lying ass.

Why, that describes you also!

-- Charlie
Drebbel

Scott Vernon wrote:
Did you even read the article that you posted?

''The painted figure on the bow of the ship, a woman with long red
hair in a green dress with one breast bared, caused a stir when the
ship docked in Jacksonville, Fla., where the ship's publicity staff
had to divert a group of schoolchildren so they would not pass by it.
''

???? You must be kidding.

ROTFLMAO

Drebbel

Jake wrote:
The original comment about a wooden tit was made by a Dutch member.
Holland has troops in Iraq as part of the Coalition. How does that
make him a coward?

And what does talking about America's sudden inclination for
Puritanical beliefs being enforced on a hundred year old ship have to
do with the war in Iraq? All of the shows on TV do nothing but
emphasize sex. Children are having babies in their early teens
because of this constant influence.

Maybe the lack of available birth control methods and good information for
these youngsters has something to do with it as well. ;-)

Because I always learned when you use birth control you won't get babies :-)

Yet, items from our history that
have substantial meaning and no sexual connotation whatsoever must
now be censored...? Isn't this a bit hypocritical...?

Retoric qusetion ?

Also, wasn't
the US founded on the belief that everyone has their own say?
Internet boards such as this are terrific for that. It also allows
for the meshing of cultures and the better understanding of
viewpoints. Yet, it appears now that everyone can have their say, so
long as it coincides with what the majority of people "think" they
believe based upon what the media feels like reporting that day, in a
sensationalistic and not factual approach, of course.

Doesn't sound like freedom to me ;-)

Don't you think it is ironic that a Congressional investigation was
launched and convened quicker for Janet Jackson's pierced tit than
the one needed about false intelligence surrounding 9-11...???

Hahahaha :-))

- D -