BoatBanter.com

-   -   Battery Hook up wrong (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/35689-battery-hook-up-wrong.html)

Harry.Krause May 11th 05 04:18 PM

On 5 May 2005 07:14:32 -0700, wrote:

I did. I admit it. Got in a hurry and hooked the battery cables up
wrong. Heard a hiss and a little smoke by the alternator. Unhooked it
and took it up to the shop to get it bench tested. They said it was
putting out 50amps and nothing was wrong with it. Anything else I
should look at?

Reversing polarity on a boat, can also reverse your steering. Make
sure the rudders is still going in the proper direction, given wheel
input.