BoatBanter.com

-   -   Hobie 14T Sidebar replacement (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/35615-hobie-14t-sidebar-replacement.html)

Hobie14T 17834 May 3rd 05 05:18 PM

Hobie 14T Sidebar replacement

I have an old Hobie 14T (approx 20yr) I am in Australia. My sidebar is
cracked almost right through at the chainplate and needs replacement. II
have priced a new one and it costs half of what I paid for the boat (and is
black - whereas mine are silver [aluminium]) so I am considering sourcing
some aluminium section to make a replacement. Could some mast section be
used as a replacement if I can find some?

Cheers